• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI changes client name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Running version 8.

When I close a report, and reopen the report, the client name changes.

Ex. Lender/Client line has ABC Mortgage. I close the report and it will reopen as Lender Client line XYZ Bank.

Nothing else in the report is changed.

Why and how can the lender name be changed.
Could it be a virus?

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
That's pretty strange. I haven't had that problem. I doubt a virus would attack a program with a relatively small user base. Usually something big like Excel or Outlook, but who knows.

Sounds like a call to tech support to me. :oops:

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
Are you using Track or Report to open your file? Does it happen to all the reports you open or just one? If it happens in mulitpule reports is the client change the same in all or does it vary?

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I performed one appraisal for an attorney for a divorce on a 1004.

Since then, I have done several 2055's and 1004's and the client name changes to this attorney's name on the lender client line. It also changes on the title page, and the top of the photo, map, ect pages.

It changes the name about 80% of the time.
Im going nuts trying to figure this out.

Im going to try and delete the file with the attorney's name.

Any other suggestions?

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Lee:

You may wish to check the template for the 1004 to see if the information you don't want is in the template. I have had that happen a couple of times. I had inadvertently gotten some wrong into into the template.

I've also had my certification expiration date default to 12/31/99 several times even though that was the date in my 1998 and 1999 Report files. I have never figured out how current reports even find that date. It could creep in when I import something from an old report. But it has happened even without importing anything.

Halloween is coming. Maybe the goblins have gotten into our puters. :lol:

Kathy in FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
I've had that happen to me, always when I click the wrong "Client" in the screen you get when closing an appraisal...the "associate with client" thing...sometimes I have two that have similar codes.

It ALWAYS overwrites the right one and puts in the wrong one. Sometimes it seems to do it all by itself.

My sketches (WinSketch) do weird things too.

Sigh
Kathy in FL

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
If you store you data using Clients, etc., sometimes these can pop up if you clone or change a report. Sometimes creating the report in a new file helps.

Roger

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
State
Illinois
The problem was that a client was "saved" with no code, I must have accidently saved the client without a code.

I normally don't save, so when I closed the file, it would ask if I wanted to save to a new client, I hit cancel, but since no code was put in it saved it as the client with no code.

I deleted the client, and it was fixed.

Sorry, this is hard to explain in words. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks