• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI & MCS from polaroid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I called Polaroid/ACI/MCS Wednesday to ask why they haven't sent the upgrades that have been promised for over a year now.
I was told they are concentrating on ACI as there are 50,000 ACI users as opposed to only 2,000 MCS users.
I was told that ACI will bring forward MCS 8.0 aka 32 bit MCS without a problem.

I was offered a 30 day trial version of ACI. The instructions say I can bring forward my old MCS files and open them in ACI without any difficulty.

I am hoping someone on the forum has some information on this.
This is twice now I have been burned by a company that quit supporting thier product. First APEX who makes the sketch program and now MCS.
I will be glad when everything gets shook out and there are only a few appraisal software suppliers left. I just hope the next time I can pick one that is going to be one of those few that are left.
Any comments anyone wants to make will be greatly appreciated.

Please join me in a prayer for all those people who are going in harm's way for freedom's sake.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:lol: :lol:
Roger:

Being an old DOS MCI user who switched briefly to ala and windows MCI and (finally :roll: ) settled on ACI I can relate.

They tell me that the NEW better faster stable and near perfect in all ways ACI will solve ALL the update problems....
(there is no emoticon to properly express my feelings on THAT statement)

SO for now I am still using my dos MCI to search for old MCI files, the MCI windows appear unconvertable, and the ala Mode ones seem likewise unable to be switched to ACI in any convenient manner.

Good news is that IF you go with ACI there seems to be enough of us to support continued useage at some level...I find that msot of the bugs were worked out of the 7.? version with the promised upgrade (according to the Beta testers reports) being pretty darn stable.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:oops:

sorry the point to all that rambling was that

the oft promised but seldom seen version 8 is SUPPOSED to be able to convert all your old MCI files with no data loss to ACI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks