• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

ACI Signature Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammySammerson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Michigan
I am trying to figure out a way around paying ACI for the addition of a signature to my reports... Isn't there a way to scan and import my own ID???

Thanks

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
ACI requiring you to send them a signature is a security feature. They scan it, destroy the original and send you the only digital copy along with your password (which you can change).

Now if you had software from the Ice Cream company, anyone could scan your signature or a forgery and crank out reports using your name. Just pay the $75 and be done with it.

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
:clapping: You can't be serious.

A security feature? :rof:

Joyce Potts

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Yes, Beaver. I know. Rich Heyn and I have been through it too. Link it to the guy who started this thread.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I've had my same ACI sig file for 9 - 10 years now.
Still works. Cough up the dough. :shrug:

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
You can apply your signature using Acrobat, or any number of other programs that edit PDF files. Some of the methods are cheaper than an ACI signature, and some are more expensive, but all are more flexible in their use. I highly recommend spending the money for a digital ID that validates your work. It is far more secure than anything offered by any forms vendor.

If your issue is just with the cost, get over it and spend the money. Do be sure the file is sent only to you, and not your supervisor. Never share your password with anyone. Change your password before you sign your first report, or load your signature on a machine you do not own.

Last edited:

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Be fair Pam. It is as secure as the signature in any other forms package. :icon_rolleyes:

Allen Bailey

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
New York
Be fair Pam. It is as secure as the signature in any other forms package. :icon_rolleyes:

I agree, besides I was under the impression that this particular sub-Forum was for actual users of ACI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks