• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI Sketch; Gba Vs GLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I am doing a 4 unit 1025 report and have ACI sketch as my drawing program. I have always had some problem with accounting correctly and rationally for living area in multi-units when using this program. And, for the first time, I am dealing with a below grade apartment. I was wondering if anyone else has figured out a good way to deal with this or what I need to change in ACI sketches default settings.
As I understand it, the GBA includes below and above grade area and all staircases and other public areas. I have tried several times to draw the subject so that the GBA and GLA are accounted for in this way. I can't even figure out how to use the drawing program to make them different.

Does anyone have a method to do this? I would use a third party drawing program, but some clients require that the report's dimensions page agree with the sketch.

Fargo1

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
Sorry I am no help. I just want to share in the frustration. I've never understood why the multi family form uses Gross Building area instead of GLA. Around here I always have basement units. It seems misleading to include that area in the GLA. So I pull it out and make a separate comment for basement area. Of course I disclose what I am doing and why.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
You need to edit your area codes. It's in settings. You can edit the factoring to account for floors. ie. a 2 story area has a multiple of 2.
Or...you need to setup area codes. Hard to troubleshoot from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks