• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

ACI sketch problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiloFarnsworth

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I have recently switched to ACI sketch to save some $$ as my business rarely requires a lot of features in my drawings. There are a few bugs that I have yet to figure out.
The main one is the snap function for editing. I believe that my snap settings are correct as it defaults to 1' increments when I draw a new area. But I have gotten into the habit of completely redrawing an are if there is one mistake because if I try to edit an area, it will almost always end up leaving one side slightly smaller by an inch or two.
If I draw an area 20' by 15' and later try to edit it to 20' x 14', my drawing will correctly snap to all 90 deg. angles, and leave three of the four sides snapped to 1', but inevitably will give one side as 13'11.5", the opposite as 14' and either side as 20'. All four corners will show 90 degrees. No amount of careful rework can get me back to 14'. If I could just delete the oddball dimension, it wouldn't be so bad, but the calculation is carried out such that the are is given as 278.21845 sf, or something like that.
Truly annoying.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I have recently switched to ACI sketch to save some $$ as my business rarely requires a lot of features in my drawings. There are a few bugs that I have yet to figure out.
The main one is the snap function for editing. I believe that my snap settings are correct as it defaults to 1' increments when I draw a new area. But I have gotten into the habit of completely redrawing an are if there is one mistake because if I try to edit an area, it will almost always end up leaving one side slightly smaller by an inch or two.
If I draw an area 20' by 15' and later try to edit it to 20' x 14', my drawing will correctly snap to all 90 deg. angles, and leave three of the four sides snapped to 1', but inevitably will give one side as 13'11.5", the opposite as 14' and either side as 20'. All four corners will show 90 degrees. No amount of careful rework can get me back to 14'. If I could just delete the oddball dimension, it wouldn't be so bad, but the calculation is carried out such that the are is given as 278.21845 sf, or something like that.
Truly annoying.
ACI sketch software is awful. Apex is worth the price.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
13 years with ACI and apex and I still have never been able to get 'edit an area' to work. sometimes if you plan well about where you start you can make sure any complexities are at the end of your drawing and therefore easier to fix just by reopening the area.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
CindyR,

May I offer some help on the Edit Area functions? 13 days (not to mention 13 years!) is a long time to go not being able to use a feature, especially if you need it ;-). PM me with your contact info and I'll get back to you. I have nothing to sell - I just think you should get your money's worth by learning to use features you paid for. The Insert/Delete feature is handy for quick edits, but the Edit Area feature works differently because it is for more advanced scenarios. After mastering that, we can also go over other features you may find useful :)

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
..Apex Software..

/end/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks