• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

ACI Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Mills

Freshman Member
I am thinking about buying the “pocket zoo” from ACI in an effort to increase my efficiency and turn around time. I just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience using this or any similar PDA system? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Jeff,

I used it for awhile back but not anymore. It did save some time but you still had to sketch and carry a notpad and paper. The other reason why I will probably not go back to it is that I am still looking at the tablet PC's. IMHO this will be the way to go if costs come down more. Though IMHO a notpad and graph paper will still be needed for sketches and quick note jotting. To me save the money toward a Tablet PC.

Ryan

BlueDog007

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Jeff-

I was using ACI Mobile. However, someone stole my Handspring Visor Pro. Now, handspring does not manufacture those handhelds anymore. I have been talking with ACI over the past 2-3 days about ZOO. I think I will convert our office to Compaq's and the ZOO software. I have read all about these Tablet's on here, however, I believe the Pocket PC is the way to go. Our office database is so good, approximately 60% of our first page is "filled in" after clicking the neighborhood name. The rest of the first page is specific to the subject property. I do not ever see myself or anyone in my office drawing the sketch on site. And, we use comps over and over again. So, completing the file at the office by importing comps seems like the fastest way to do it. What are your thoughts?

Ric

TONY B

Freshman Member
I USE ZOO FOR A WHILE. PROBLEM IS WHEN IT IS DOWNLOADED TO ACI, THE ZOO FILE IS VERY SLOW. POCKET APEX IS O.K. WITH BOX HOUSES UNTIL YOU GET A SUBJECT WITH A LOT OF CORNERS AND ANGLES. IT TAKES TIME TO ENTER THE INFO IN THE FIELD AS YOU GO FROM SECTION TO SECTION ON THE PDA. UNLESS YOU GET THE CAMERA THAT ATTACHES TO THE PDA, COMPS TAKE A LOT OF TIME TO ENTER INTO THE PDA AND YOU STILL NEED A PAD TO KEEP TRACK OF THE PHOTOS ON YOUR CAMERA. ALL IN ALL I'LL WAIT FOR NEXT GENERATION TABLET. WITH TAX AND EVERYTHING I PAID ABOUT $800 FOR MY IPAC WITH THE BLUETOOTH WIRELESS. SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A LAPTOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks