• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACLB Turn Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margaret Treat

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon
Hello All,
Great to have an Oregon state forum.:beer:

I noticed the thread with renewals being very quick. I have sent my application to upgrade to CR, quickly got a letter asking for a file. Sent the file in and am waiting for a response. Anyone else do this recently and have an approximate turn time to invitation to sit or rejection? I'd like to call Jan but I think one more call and she'll get a stalking protective order against me :ph34r:

Jerry Bone Jr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Hello All,
Great to have an Oregon state forum.:beer:

I noticed the thread with renewals being very quick. I have sent my application to upgrade to CR, quickly got a letter asking for a file. Sent the file in and am waiting for a response. Anyone else do this recently and have an approximate turn time to invitation to sit or rejection? I'd like to call Jan but I think one more call and she'll get a stalking protective order against me :ph34r:
Renewals are quick. Upgrades are not as quick. If you send an email to Jan, she will reply as soon as she can.

Oregon Doug

Professional Status
General Public
State
Oregon
Margaret,

There are stacks & stacks of applications in the offece from appraisers wanting to upgrade to the certified level before the new requirements take effect and most (naturally) waited until the very last moment. Bob is up to his *** with the required work product evaluations.

I encouraged him to delegate some of these types of tasks to board members in the past. The board evaluated 20 +/- appraisals at the last meeting. Other than that, Bob is doing the majority of evaluations by himself. So ya! - it's slower than you might like, but he's going as fast as he can.

Take a deep breath,
Oregon Doug

Margaret Treat

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Patience is not my strong point.

Thanks gentlemen! I believe that Jan would help me and not get a stalking order. She has been my (and I'm sure a lot of people's) go-to person since I started as a trainee. I just know the ACLB is knee deep in alligators with all the new applications and wanted to know what to expect without bothering them.

Unfortunately, I just finished my hours, classes and 24 months so I knew I was sending it in during this busy time. I'll try the patience thing again...:blush:

Margaret Treat

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
The ACLB Rocks!

OK, No patience needed! I sent my app. in about 2 weeks ago, got the letter asking for a file a week later, sent the file and just got the congrats letter saying I can sit for the exam. Woohoo:new_multi:

Did I mention that my second worst trait after patience is studying??? :new_all_coholic:

I'm so excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks