• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Ad-aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Guys and gals, I have found the some great software. This stuff checks for those nasty little tracking cookies and kills most opop up ads(paid version).

http://www.tucows.com/preview/236049.html

You can download a free version with no time limit. I liked it so much I paid the big bucks and got a $30.00 version. Really good stuff.

Joshua Fookes

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Some of the new web browsers have a built in option that blocks pop ups. Very nice and free.

Leon Stewart

Originally posted by Joshua Fookes@Apr 13 2003, 11:24 AM
Some of the new web browsers have a built in option that blocks pop ups. Very nice and free.
There are many Pop-up Killers for free all over the Net, Check out Download.com. I use the free version of Ad-Aware for it's Spyware effect.

leon

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I've been using Ad-aware for about a year. I recently added Spybot and have been using it cautiously. It's totally free, they do ask for you to make a donation later if you're pleased with the results....some company pirated their software and is selling it via popup ads.....pretty brazen behavior huh? :)

Leon Stewart

What I failed to mention before is that when using these Pop-up killing devises, most disable your Java Script and Active X files and this can prevent you from loading certain graphic's when you visit some websites. Also, some of the Browsers that have built-in popup devises will limit your access to certain things. At least I've experienced such, and have had to discontinue their use.

leon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks