• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Addition built on post and pier

Tom4value

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
As I always say, check with the Building Inspector. If permits were pulled AND work was signed off on, it is fine. I don’t overule BI.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I know 'back in the day' FHA in Oklahoma did not want to see any wood touching ground. Most Post and Pier here are cemented poles in place and not on concrete pads

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
My area has a lot of old houses.

norapp

Professional Status
State
New York
I had one like that. It's not the first addition I've seen but this one did not feel right. I called the town and there was no permit for that area. Put it in the report and I have no idea what happened after that but I was glad I made the call. If something doesn't feel right listen to your gut. Put your findings in the report.

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Do they have any termite issues? Seems California does have termites
Some do. Depends on the location and conditions as much as it does the construction. Always suspect E2W issues.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks