• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Additional Comparables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Heir

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
For sales (listings) 4, 5, 6, ... n, the only way to append them to the URAR is after the limiting conditions and certs., ACI allows the appraiser to include it on Page 3 of the form. Is there any way to accomplish this in Aurora.

I searched for this in the archives and found a thread started by Smokehouse but I couldn't bump it to the top b/c it was too old. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why this isn't possible, or, if it is. Someone posted there that this is not allowed.

It didn't even cross my mind that this would be considered altering the FNMA form; it seems too logical that the form would flow in an easy to read fashion rather than going through all of the certifications to get to the additional comps. I guess it's akin putting riders on an agreement of sale, but it makes for one ugly duckling of a report!

Any opinions?

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Fannie Mae does restrict changes in the sequence of information and requires its content not to be deleted.
An appraiser may use computer software programs that are designed to reproduce our appraisal report forms—including programs that have “expandability” features that allow increases in areas of the forms that call for the insertion of narrative comments. However, the sequence of the information—as well as all of the specific information (including the instructions, entries, directions, etc.)—must be exactly as it appears on the hard-copy of the form(s).
Last time I used WinTOTAL, pages 1-6 were a single unit. Acrobat can always be used to alter the page order. ClickFORMS has pages 1-3 and 4-6 as two distinct parts. Many methods are available to move pages around. I think it can be argued that placing information between pages 3 and 4 in the FNMA forms does not alter the sequence of the information in the forms. It obviously has no real impact on the credibility of the appraisal if pages 4-6 are in front of pages 1-3. I really think report would be better if additional comparable sale grids went before the "Summary of Sales Comparison Approach" section and the report stretched to more pages as needed.

I find it ridiculous that not one vendor has implemented expandable comment sections at this time. To make a truly good looking report, one must make their own forms using a word processor or spreadsheet. If Zaio keeps eliminating the competing companies, I may yet enter the forms software business.

Laughing Heir

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Well put CP.

...See Attached Addenda... is our mantra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks