• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Adequate Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYLECODY

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Have a home where the only gas need is a gas range. There first shot was using a barbecue sized propane tank...at least they have an actual gas line going outside and didn't set it next to the stove.

This is FHA and their only guideline I found states that utilities, mechanicals, etc have to have adequate capacity. Common sense tells me a small 20 lb tank isnt adequate for a 2000 sf home but I see no guidance on what is. Was hoping to say something more professional sounding than "it just needs to be bigger".

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Hmmm. Most propane tanks are rented. I would comment and move on.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Doesn't seem like a big deal if only for cooking. You can always buy an extra for cheap.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Where's the shut off valve? Cost to cure is a $1200 electric range. I'd have to think current code is a 120 gal tank.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
i do see that from time to time around here. i can't say i have ever considered capacity. It is a somewhat unusual setup but some folks just can not cook on an electric stove. But, most folks don't cook very much anymore either. Lots of food gets delivered or comes in the door ready to eat or just stick in the microwave (or flop on the BBQ grill). No one really cooks coffee or standard stuff on the stove anymore so i would think that little tank will last for weeks and weeks or maybe months and months. i say let it go as is.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I'm thinking hotdogs in my fire ring if a little warmer

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Where's the shut off valve? Cost to cure is a $1200 electric range. I'd have to think current code is a 120 gal tank.

Or a $400 electric range;) I made it subject to an electric range or an adequate tank. They ended up installing a 100 lber the next day which looked adequate to me. Looks better than a barbecue tank sitting on a 10X10 concrete slab.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
So I guess five 20 pound tanks < one 100 pound tank? :whistle:

Cuz now I got to get propane delivered, can't just run to the gas station. :leeann2:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
images

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks