• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Af Is Nice But Is It Helpful?

How many have actually been helped by asking questions on AF?

• Yes. Many times.

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • A few times

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Never. No two answers are the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Is that your dad and you ???? Noticed it's black & white... Oh this is not a question or issue that needs to be answered.

I love polls.. :alcoholic:

nstanbru

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I've only asked a few questions on this forum and I've received helpful responses. What I have found more helpful from many of the posts, is different ways to approach solving different problems that arise in unique situations.

Confident Rabbit

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
This is such a great resource; I have learned many times over what I have been able to offer on this forum. But... one does need to separate the wheat from the chaff. :)

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
How often do you come to the forum with a question or issue and have it resolved using the replies that are posted?
Every few weeks I'll run into something that I've encountered before, but still would like to know how others handle it. Some of the best advice in here is from years ago. I had an assignment for a landlocked property a few months ago and logged on about 4 AM (I'm an early riser) I used the search function, it was a lengthy and helpful thread and your dad had the best post of them all. Some of the best answers in here don't come from questions, but from searching.

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
Although I may not get a great (or timely enough) response to a question I ask there, I have learned a lot from other people's questions. I have zero experience of exposure to the residential side of things but I still find it interesting to read about the challenges inherent in that from AMCs to dealing with forms, etc. I get to work on a wide variety of property types and cover an entire (large) state but there's still so many things people on here work on that I have no experience with.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Every few weeks I'll run into something that I've encountered before, but still would like to know how others handle it. Some of the best advice in here is from years ago. I had an assignment for a landlocked property a few months ago and logged on about 4 AM (I'm an early riser) I used the search function, it was a lengthy and helpful thread and your dad had the best post of them all. Some of the best answers in here don't come from questions, but from searching.

Agreed, to me the truly interesting part is the answers from different parts of the country; some good, some not so good. Current times are a bit confusing do to; Lenders / Fed, like a Good Soup, when everyone adds in different ingredients......its not so good. What was once an Independent fun business is long gone and I wont be here for the return.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
The AF has helped me secure my dream job, screened for great clients for my 2nd job and I've met (in person and through the web) some really awesome people.

I would be a lush without the Appraisers Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks