• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

After 1 year board hearing today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
Today is my big day. After 1 year in waiting my board hearing has arrived. As some of you know, over 1 year ago I was in a preliminary hearing with the state AG office. At that time the original field reviews that were done on my appraisals (2) was protested by me as being false and were prepared by an incompetent reviewer. Six months later these original reviews that were done by the incompetent reviewer were "dropped" by the state and a new list of complaints was brought forth by a state investigator. These complaints are over appraisals that were completed in 2003. The new findings did NOT disagree with my value but were over very minor (in my opinion) items in the appraisal.

My attorney and two other professional appraisers are my witness' at todays hearing. For all you folks that do not want to join and become designated, here is one BIG benefit!! Your fellow members can and do stand up to help you!!

Just want all you folks to know that there are NO bullet proof appraisals and if the state or anyone wants to file a complaint against you they can.

Minor items are like my neighborhood values show 68-250K while reviewer states that the neighborhood values are 70-255K. HUH?? Or that I quoted a survey as the subjects dimensions but assessor records show different dimensions and I should have used the assessor records. WTF???? They failed to mention that the lot is irregular and that the assessor listed "effective" instead of actual dimensions. So now I have to go and defend myself against mostly minor grievances.

Food for thought for all you folks that think only skippy goes to board hearings or they are the only ones being complained against, YOU ARE WRONG, VERY WRONG. My reports are supposed to be "perfect" in the AG eyes, yet the original reviewers and the state reviewer reports are not perfect and there are errors in the AG report, yet no one holds them accountable for their perfect reports!! Good thing they do not have review attorneys are they would all be out of work, but then again that might be a good thing!! :laugh:

Tonight I will be able to sleep again (hopefully) and will begin tomorrow to again "love my job".

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Did you file complaints against the original review appraiser, for violating standard 3?

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Did you file complaints against the original review appraiser, for violating standard 3?

Will work on that after the hearing is over.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
You screwed up Doug. Should have made friends with the board members and staff. You know..a little golfing, fishing, drinkin', gamblin' just hanging out with the boys.

They are such nice guys..... friendly, fun, and fearless.

If you did not make friends.....how can you ever expect them to be "fair" to you?

3 Putt

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Good Luck Doug, Hopefully you can now see light at the end of the tunnel !!

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Sometimes Boards really scare me.....

Good Luck Doug!

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
WTF is right.

Minor items are like my neighborhood values show 68-250K while reviewer states that the neighborhood values are 70-255K. HUH?? Or that I quoted a survey as the subjects dimensions but assessor records show different dimensions and I should have used the assessor records. WTF????

What an incredible waste of taxpayer's money. Good luck Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks