• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Age Of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandpuba

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Missouri
Is the age of home (not remodeled/updated) when the Permit is pulled or when the Permit is final and residency begins?

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Appraisers often use what the assessor says and that is generally the year it gets put on tax rolls. Once the dwelling is built the clock starts, whether a COO has been issued or not. I can count on my fingers the number of times a COO was provided to me, new construction or not.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
In my areas, unless it's new or near new, all I get is a year built. Subtract that from 2017 and there is the age.
Even if it was completed in December, it goes another year older on Jan. 1. Except maybe the first year or 2.

grandpuba

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Missouri
Ok in our case 2002 permit pulled for septic 2003 house permit pulled construction begins 2006 house permit is finaled and residency permit is issued what is the age of house

grandpuba

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Missouri
Appraisers often use what the assessor says and that is generally the year it gets put on tax rolls. Once the dwelling is built the clock starts, whether a COO has been issued or not. I can count on my fingers the number of times a COO was provided to me, new construction or not.
Ok in our case 2002 permit pulled for septic 2003 house permit pulled construction begins 2006 house permit is finaled and residency permit is issued what is the age of house

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Do public records say 2003 or 2006 for year built?
Whatever it says is the age.
Now, if I had that info and records said 2003, I might says it's 14, effective age 11. Or 10 - 15.
But, it makes no real difference at this point, imho.

grandpuba

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Missouri
Do public records say 2003 or 2006 for year built?
Whatever it says is the age.
Now, if I had that info and records said 2003, I might says it's 14, effective age 11. Or 10 - 15.
But, it makes no real difference at this point, imho.
County says 2002 City says 2006

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
See, this is where I take my pick of a number, and am annoyed to have to write an explanation in my report. :leeann2:
More depends on how it was cared for and maintained than if it is 10 or 15 yo. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks