• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ah, The Selling Agent Rebuttal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Doug Meyer said:
Ditto Steve, that is exactly what I do and it cuts out about 95% of the bull crap from the agent.

its only 3 years..............i guess he could still be following this thread...........:rof: :rof: :rof:

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
So Janet how's the seance schedule looking? Got someone to channel these ancient threads? I think CLedet is onto something calling them zombie threads. Need Marie La Veau to call these zombies back.

Or maybe just a sticky for how to drive the New Posts button.

Ms. Janet

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
seance is rescheduled for the stroke of midnight..............bring your own candle thats been soaked in salt water.....................

:new_alien: :new_alien: :new_alien:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Janet, some MB are like bulldogs ( I know bulldogs, see my photo to the left) They are still trying to get this deal to work, a few years later. Of course they are now working for the 23rd MB outfit since the original order, and you are now their best buddy, 'cause y'all have history.:new_smile-l:

Professional Status
State
Florida
My views about RE agents are much like Richard Carlsen's.

Regards,

Dan Conte

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Tim
We all know that the action of the agent is probably biased but putting that in a letter might be construed as the agent being unethical and that could buy you a libel action. It is not our job to protect the buyer or the lender but to present the facts to the client for them to decide. It is also not your job to talk to the buyer. You have performed a professionals service and once it is over it's over. You need not further explain.

Always be willing to review the data and accept or dismiss based on merit. In the future don't say "I can include this sale and lower my opinion of value thanks the RE agents help, or I can ignore this sale since it is over six months old and stay with an opinion of value at $74,000." This statement show a bit of resentment toward the agent. As difficult as it is don't make it personal.

Dan Conte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks