• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AI And Coalition Letter To Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

Dale Floyd

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I was thrilled to see all our national organizations and state coalitions coming together for a worthy cause like this. Contacted our local coalition as soon as I got my copy.

I think we are coming to a time when appraisers, and those who represent us, will need to speak with one voice.

By the way - It was a great move by our TN Appraiser Coalition, the NAIFA, and the AI when they came together this year in our state to hammer out legislation that protects Tennessee appraisers from long term liability. It is now the law here, and is something other states really should take note of.

http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/110/Bill/HB0376.pdf

Let's hope the beef behind the letter causes a few politicians to take another look.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Crapo's reaction: " HEY fellers - here they go again hah hah hah "

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
FTC will prolly sue them all for restraining F/F "trade". Talked to a guy from PA this week who ran an S & L and had personally met the "Orange man, Mozilo". Claimed he (Angelo) basically campaigned for, and got, 100%+ loan LTV started, only went to subprime when started getting beat by the Money Store. That's about the time this fellow decided it was time to exit banking and he did well ahead of the crash.

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I didn't see the AARO on there either. Where's REVAA?

AI joining and not leading. oh ok

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
This is a ridiculous waste of members funds flying some guys to D.C. To eat-donuts and take a vacation- The bankers control the Congress and Senate and are their big donors. The bankers like and want waivers because it speeds up the transaction and it saves consumers money . I have no problem with AI but these guys just keep show-boating for their membership. As far as the Tennessee law on time periods for litigation that's a nice gesture but I don't believe it will hold up on federally related transactions.

Last edited:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania
The AI already has a guy in DC. No need to fly him anywhere. He's a beltway insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks