• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AI Fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieHibbard

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Indiana
So I signed up for my membership today. They did decrease the fees. It is $295 per year flat fee. No chapter fees. I paid $245 because it is pro rated.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Our IFA fees, I believe were $500 a year and that includes several free classes per year. We were getting 16 hours of instruction.....

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Our IFA fees, I believe were $500 a year and that includes several free classes per year. We were getting 16 hours of instruction.....

Doug, your question should be what is the annual dues that a DESIGNATED member of the AI pays. You're comparing appless with oranges.

Lee

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Some appraisal organizations REQUIRE you to take their CE classes to maintain membership. This can significantly increase the cost to be a member.

I had this happen to me once. I was required to take a class from a member instructor when I was a certified instructor for the same course.

It is sorta like interest rates and APR....you have to figure the TOTAL cost of the membership.

Doug Meyer

Professional Status
State
Indiana
Lee, it was just an after thought to his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks