• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AI Testimoney To Congress/VA Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Sums up the compensation issue, right?

The problem of customary and reasonable fees paid to appraisers is masked by consumer disclosure rules that allow the co-mingling of the fee paid to the appraiser and separate appraisal management company fees on the Appraisal line of the Consumer Disclosure form issued by the CFPB. This co-mingling confuses consumers into believing that they are paying appraisers more for services today, when, in fact, compensation levels may have declined significantly because appraisal management companies are taking a sizable portion of the total cost paid by the consumer.​

Confident Rabbit

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Since I have never completed an appraisal for VA that was ordered through an AMC, I am not sure what Terrell is referring to.
Consider yourself luck (I don't do VA...yet...but I completely know what Terrel is referring to.
Thanks for posting the thread, though. I'm glad to see people are talking about this

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I have that as well.

Since I have never completed an appraisal for VA that was ordered through an AMC, I am not sure what Terrell is referring to.

I get VA appraisals from QL through the VA portal, but get final inspection requests from TSI for the same property. TSI also pays the invoices for the VA appraisal. It's funny, because you know that QL which owns TSI has to pay TSI for servicing the appraisal.

roco22

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Alabama
The VA Appraiser application is interested in the applicants RACE & GENDER.
Me thinks it is ironic that the VA is not interested and does not inquire if the applicant is a Veteran.
Why is that?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
The VA Appraiser application is interested in the applicants RACE & GENDER.
Me thinks it is ironic that the VA is not interested and does not inquire if the applicant is a Veteran.
Why is that?

VA might assume that an appraiser would mention in the required resume a record of military service completed the applicant.

http://benefits.VA.gov/HOMELOANS/documents/docs/Fee_Appraiser_Qualification_Requirements_Jan2012.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks