• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AIRD What's Up With This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Just got an E-mail from a BIIIIIG AMC from which I receive about 1 job a year that I can do. Well......apparently all us appraisers HAVE to now get ready to be AIRD compatible. Here's the link: http://www.aiready.com/

Overall it seems to me that it's an attempt for the lenders to further control appraisals.......what do ya'll think?

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
The AI is doing everything in its power to put residential appraisers out of work. Period

TC

larryhaskell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
The initials AI may soon take on a different meaning for appraisers. Anyone having grown up on a ranch or farm knows AI stood for Artificial Insemination B4 it stood for the Appraisal Institute.

Mike Simpson

Sounds like the same old garbage peddled by AMC's years ago. I made the investment, conducted the experiment and was sorely dissapointed.

All their "Are you ready to never have to again..." boloney is reminiscent of the traveling Snake Oil Salesmen of the 19th Century!!! I didn't go into business to have to be continuously bent over a barrel and forced to make costly and unwanted purchases.

Boy...I'm glad I never joined their club. I actually considered it at one time, but they've done precious little to aid the industry in my opinion, and now come across as self serving opportunists.

-Mike

Tony Lehn

Professional Status
State
Indiana
I went through the little demonstration that was offered. It all becomes clear at that point. There will be a subscription charge to look up the data and do the comp search.

Once again, capitalism at work. Cash is king. AI looking to take cash from the MLS providers. No thanks. I'm quick enough as it is and don't seem to have a billing problem.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
How many of your local MLS's are OWNED by FNIS or other subsidiaries of same... you may want to take a looksee 8O .

Any Voyager, RISCO, and a fair passel of other MLS systems are owned by a corp who is (largely) competing with the "street appraiser" and therefore... trying to put us out of bidness... :evil:

yeah: "Street Appraiser"

I think I like it, conveys a certain gritty, edgy Sam Sloan kind of down at the heels detective feel: much more so than the slightly more dignified 'Fee appraiser'... too, too veddy, british for wurds and such y'know?!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
AI said
Uploading is the secure electronic transfer of your appraisal data to your client through AppraisalPort in the AI Ready format.

they forgot to add
and data mine the crap out of it and sell that data to keep AI from going **** up or bankrupting our MAI's with upwardly zooming fees

Well, boys, 80% of my work is narrative...trying mining that the easy way!

Dan Leggett

Professional Status
State
Mississippi
At one time weren't they trying to peddle the data mining part of AIPort to the appraiser by promising 1/3 of the fee for all the reports (AVM's included) that later utilized the appraiser's data? OK, if they only use one of the appraiser's comps (on a 3 comp analysis) would the appraiser get 1/3 of 1/3? Anybody else remember this sales pitch???

jtrotta

Dano

this is captn. crunch - you are correcto mundo again - it was promised, but as usual it was ment to be more for thier benefit than yours.

8)

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
What was it Nancy Reagan used to say?
<span style='color:brown'>It is your business, It is your choice. Let them buy the MLS's (those are so VERY reliable for data specifics.....think their computer knows the diffence between "pool" "inground pol" "underground poal" and "freestanding pool w/deck"? Realtors rarely use spell checkers,........) and discover the world of data verification.</span>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks