• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AIReady, AppraisalPort, FNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

George W Dodd

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I just learned about this newer update of AIReady, how can this be USPAP compliant. After talking to the State Board, they have agreed to hear this topic at the next meeting (2/26/2008). Seems to me that sending a report using this "portal" knowing your signature is going to be removed, that not all the info in the appraisal will be sent, could be viewed as submitting a misleading appraisal.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
....and folks wonder why some Residential Appraisers don't think the Institute has always had their best interest in mind....:new_smile-l:

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Virginia used to require each appraiser to buy a "seal stamp" to seal each report at the signature. So they might be on the appraiser's side with this one :)

George W Dodd

Professional Status
State
Virginia
I've been told that this issue is going to be addressed in the next Board meeting and that it's likely that the Board is going to have a problem with this and might even decide that this delivery method is a violation of state regulations (USPAP and control of one's signature and all that).

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
I've been told that this issue is going to be addressed in the next Board meeting and that it's likely that the Board is going to have a problem with this and might even decide that this delivery method is a violation of state regulations (USPAP and control of one's signature and all that).

George,

I will be there to support that contention. Call me if you want to discuss any of this. I will e-mail you as well. It might be a good idea to send this to the ASB as well.

Pamela,

I wish you could be there. I am sure George will keep you posted as to how the board rules.

Last edited:

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I so want this in front of some Federal judges!!!!!!!

Has Mr Vining put this under the copyright microscope? Nothing like a lawsuit to get the Institute to take sides, especially if they are named.:)

peturner

Professional Status
State
Virginia
I urge any appraiser in VA please be at the Board meeting on Feb. 26
Also, this is copyright related..check fmvmanagement.com
tim vining and tim carlson (atty) will be in richmond on 2/22/2008 for the copyright seminar....all are encouraged to attend

Tim Vining

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Washington
Alamode has provided the information that your work transmitted through that medium is being infringed. Your work is not making to the client in its original form--therefore they are making a derivative of your appraisal, as well as lifting your work and putting it into other products. In other words this is an admission of infringement(IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks