• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Ala Mode Seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
I am thinking about heading to Vegas in February for the Ala Mode seminar for using Total. I've been using it for years, but my partner has never used it and we think it might be worth while.

Besides do ya really need to good excuse to run to Vegas for a weekend?

The question is, have any of you attended one of these for Total and was it worth the time?

Thanks,

Rob Bodkin
Freestone Partners

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Best CE that I ever had.

Verne Hebert

Professional Status
State
Montana
I haven't but a colleague in town has, three times and really thinks it is beneficial. He now uses the "worksheet" heavily.

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I would like to attend one, but it is the middle of January and they only have a couple dates listed. Makes scheduling hard for anyone who has to plan in advance.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I have used Alamode for years and have never attended a seminar. If you have any knowldege of the program, a class is not really needed.

Rob Bodkin

Professional Status
State
Washington
Tim,

Thanks for the feedback, but if you have never attended the class how do you know what you're missing or if it is needed?

We started using total in 93 or so and have used it ever since, but I would assume that there will be some new information or a new "ah ha".

And of course it's in Vegas Baby!!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Rob - when you get back, could you let us know what you thought of the time spent at the class? (and how your time at the tables turns out) It would be great to hear from someone who is taking it this year. Thanks

Michael

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Judy and I were scheduled to attend one in Detroit last year but had to cancel due to work load etc. We will be going to one during the first 6 months of this year.

From what I hear, they are well worth the price of admission. I'm looking forward to finally getting enough info to get Pocket Total up and running.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I attended one in Denver about 6 years ago, loved it. Have been trying to go for the last couple of years but work load makes it prohibitive. Sent my assistant, she loved it! Unfortunately not approved for continuing education in Colorado at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks