• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

All for $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta CG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Misread an assignment - thought it was a drive-by. Wants full interior inspection, interior photos, sketch, discussion of repairs, an "as-is" and a "repaired" value, add and grid 3 listings, all for $230. Who in heavens name can possibly do that and write it up in less than 8 hours? Are appraisers really doing that? I simply cannot be quality.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Decline the order and sit back and watch the "ant army" the lenders reward and your state permits to retain their licenses...........swarm allllll over it.

Welcome to the "dark side".

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
John,

If you accepted and drove out there and then back, well to bad. Go back out and do it right, but never again.

Your reading comprehension problem is not the clients problem.

Its a tough world. Suck it up.

But

If you accepted, read over the engagment again and made this discovery, then call them, Apologize and cancel.

Mztk1

Professional Status
State
Florida
That's $35 more than eAppraiseIt pays and with them you have to add the REO addendum and include pictures of the listings, too!

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
That's $35 more than eAppraiseIt pays and with them you have to add the REO addendum and include pictures of the listings, too!

again I reiterate, anyone that accepts such an assignment from them has no self respect and is an IDIOT.

moretti

Professional Status
State
Oregon
again I reiterate, anyone that accepts such an assignment from them has no self respect and is an IDIOT.

So your saying that an appraiser, who does everything right in regards to the appraisal assignment, but since they do it for a lower fee, most likely becuase it is either do that or go broke has no self respect and is an idiot?

Hmm...Personally I wish you would keep comments like this to yourself, becuase generalizing, especially when it is nasty like that, shouldnt be shared.

It is impossible for you to understand anyone elses situation out there. But just becuase they arent as entitled as you to be able to stick it out only for the "real" fees doesnt mean they arent entitled to be an appraiser without discrimination.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
I am saying.

So your saying that an appraiser, who does everything right in regards to the appraisal assignment, but since they do it for a lower fee, most likely because it is either do that or go broke has no self respect and is an idiot?

If folks are doing a full URAR with additional listings, REO addendums etc....for $195, yes, I am stating they are IDIOTS with ZERO respect for themselves or the industry. Those that service these clients are leading the race to the bottom. When the next desperate newbie comes along and does it for $150 is that when they bow out? In the past week I have seen on this board field reviews for $65. Enhanced desk reviews(no such thing) for $45 and now REOs for $195?. Sorry it is my opinion, that is deplorable as are those that are doing this work. If you are unhappy with such statements I'm sorry but I will not keep it to myself. If you are going to condone such practices and post on this board you better get thicker skin.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
State
Kansas
If they are accepting those fees they are going broke anyway and should just move on to another line of work.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
If folks are doing a full URAR with additional listings, REO addendums etc....for $195, yes, I am stating they are IDIOTS with ZERO respect for themselves or the industry. Those that service these clients are leading the race to the bottom. When the next desperate newbie comes along and does it for $150 is that when they bow out? In the past week I have seen on this board field reviews for $65. Enhanced desk reviews(no such thing) for $45 and now REOs for $195?. Sorry it is my opinion, that is deplorable as are those that are doing this work. If you are unhappy with such statements I'm sorry but I will not keep it to myself. If you are going to condone such practices and post on this board you better get thicker skin.

Maybe they look at it as a $20 an hour job. Im sick of others passing judgement agasint those who are feeding their kids. Keep your idiot comments to yourself. You are not in the position of the others yet you are very quick to call them names.
Our profession is in a bad position today, some of my friends have lost their jobs in other fields, cant find a replacement job, and they would be pretty pleased with a $20 - $50 an hour job.
I dont call them names because they cant find a job, and I wont call you a name because you pass judgement on others. I just think its time for you to keep these opinions to yourself rather than make others feel bad about feeding their children. McDonalds Pays $8 an hour the appraisal pays $30 ..... yeah thats a no brainer isnt it.

Kevin Mc

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Thats not going to happen.

I'm sick of others passing judgment against those who are feeding their kids. Keep your idiot comments to yourself. You are not in the position of the others yet you are very quick to call them names.

As long as AMCs continue the race to the bottom and appraisers are willing to go along with it chances of me keeping my comments to myself are zilch. You don't want to read them put me on your ignore list.

As for being in the positions of others, we are all in the same position. Some of us are more diversified than others but we have all lost work in the race to the bottom. It affects us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks