• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Already with the resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I have decided not to wait for Jan 1st for a resolution or two.

1. If it isn't positive...I ain't doing it.

2. If is isn't positive...I ain't reading, or listening to it.

3. If it isn't positive...I ain't writing it, or saying it.

Needless to say...everyone will probably hear, read and see a lot less of me in the coming year.

I just think that for too long I have been focusing on the negative aspects of this profession, and not the positive. That will get you nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I am going to pretend like it isn't there...I just refuse to give the negative more credit than it is due.

I just hope I can stick to it. Besides, positive minded people just seem better to be around in general.

Wendy

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I agree. I can not change the negative, but I can focus on the positive.

Positive - I have a strong 17 year marriage to a man I am very much in love with (He's hot too!).

Positive - I have a nice home in a good neighborhood that is close to friends and family.

Positive - I have friends and family!

I could go on..... Look around; there is still a lot of good.

Positive - I really do like my job.

c w d

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
1) Make an A in Chemisty
2) Make an A in Anatomy
3) Make an A in Precalc

Dan/Fla

Professional Status
State
Florida
Positive: I Love my Job--- Ever since I can remember I loved looking at different homes. Now I get paid to do it, though some years more than others.

Positive: I am so glad 2008 is coming to an end. Please let the credit thaw, and incomes head back upward.

Positive: This is the 1st year in many that I am looking forward to April 15, Looking forward to seeing how low my tax bill is.

Positive: I believe I have learned from this down turn, as income comes back I am going to save more and pay off more bills and save and pay cash more and borrow less.

Positive: I am going to continue to market myself and my business, before this down turn I sat on the clients I had and was happy, till some of them went belly up.

Positive: The Appraisal Forum, like many of you I hardly ever see other appraisers. This forum kept me sane through this downturn in business. I know it sounds bad but I was glad to hear it was not only me and my business, which was way down. It was happening all over the country. For that I thank Wayne for the Forum and each and all of you and wish you All The Happiest and Most Prosperest (not sure if that is a word) 2009.

Yes, for some of you from the South, I am having my Hog Jowl and Black Eye Peas on New Years Day --- For you who do not know, what that is: My Mom has always served those on New Years Day for as long as I can remember For Luck and Money.. Till Last year I took her out and I did not get them, and look what happened… I will never miss an another year again..I have already got them ready to cook That to is my Positive..

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
My peas are already in the pantry....

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Well, I have made it almost the whole day and not been a black cloud today...that feels good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks