• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

AMC Wants Me To Repeat Mistake By Client On Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
The AMC ordered an "asset valuation" appraisal (essentially an REO) for a property with the following (disguised) address:
Road 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville.

After a little searching, I was able to find the subject in the assessment rolls under the address:
842 Meadow Rd, Townsville

I did find an MLS from 2000 for the subject under the address:
1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville

It turns out that the current USPS website accepts 842 Meadow Rd, and none of the other forms.

So, when I emailed the AMC about how they wanted me to handle things, they sent me parts of the original report from 13 years ago that had the "842 Meadow" address as a caption for the subject photo, but had "RD 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd" on the first line of the old 1004.

I wrote back that it was obvious to me that the OA used the old rural route system's address for some reason, despite the fact that it had been changed by that time, probably because it was on the deed. But somewhere along the way, either someone ignorant of the old system or somebody's computer saw the RD and decided it was short for "Road". So, I suggested that I use the USPS compliant address and explain the rest in the addendum.

However, the AMC insists that, because this is for in house use, not only am I to use the rural delivery format and explain it elsewhere, but I am to use the verbatim mistaken address, as ordered. That is;
"Road 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville." and explain later, so it goes through the computer.

Is this copasetic a la USPAP? Or picking nits?

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Picking nits. The physical address thing is more of a fannie/freddie uad thing. We are required to provide sufficient information to clearly identify subject property. Legal description pretty much does that.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
IT feels like they are trying to drive us insane, doesn't it...use whatever makes it go through with an explanation on any difference between physical/street address comment done this way at client request/UAD

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
I say follow their silly rules, then explain why they are wrong.
If / As / When they ask for a revision charge them $25-$50 for the extra service.

Tom D

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
picking nits, but be sure to explain the nits being picked.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
The AMC ordered an "asset valuation" appraisal (essentially an REO) for a property with the following (disguised) address:
Road 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville.

After a little searching, I was able to find the subject in the assessment rolls under the address:
842 Meadow Rd, Townsville

I did find an MLS from 2000 for the subject under the address:
1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville

It turns out that the current USPS website accepts 842 Meadow Rd, and none of the other forms.

So, when I emailed the AMC about how they wanted me to handle things, they sent me parts of the original report from 13 years ago that had the "842 Meadow" address as a caption for the subject photo, but had "RD 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd" on the first line of the old 1004.

I wrote back that it was obvious to me that the OA used the old rural route system's address for some reason, despite the fact that it had been changed by that time, probably because it was on the deed. But somewhere along the way, either someone ignorant of the old system or somebody's computer saw the RD and decided it was short for "Road". So, I suggested that I use the USPS compliant address and explain the rest in the addendum.

However, the AMC insists that, because this is for in house use, not only am I to use the rural delivery format and explain it elsewhere, but I am to use the verbatim mistaken address, as ordered. That is;
"Road 3 Box 1917 Meadow Rd, Townsville." and explain later, so it goes through the computer.

Is this copasetic a la USPAP? Or picking nits?

My Bold; The subject Photo is the support factor; The OAR notes a specific address, that was explained differently, as Originated, it should be so written in your report as support to the OAR. I have had to explain numerous reports because of USPS, therefore, USPS is not the end all to address accuracy.
IE: In some area's I get; 29-1 which in some towns indicate "Interior" lot OR some Towns note them as Red Flag Lots OR Flag Lots, the variation can go on forever. If the Loan was made in reference to a specific address, why do You want to change it now ??
Can you prove that such an address Never existed ?? that is the Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks