• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

America's Hotest Housing Markets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Kansas
I can't speak about the other markets, but in Topeka the actual rate of increase has been 4%+/- NOT the 18% stated in the story. I've borrowers, lenders and brokers beat me over the head with these numbers more times than I can count. In the first quarter of 1999 there was significant drop in home sales (weather, major employer closing announcement, whatever). That quarter is the starting point for the analysis which indicated an 18% increase. If the starting point is moved either forward or backward in time one quarter the 18% increase disappears and a 4% - 5% rate of apprreciation is indicated. The real question is what happened in that one quarter.

The moral is don't believe everything you read.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I have to agree with Ted Don't believe all U read. The East Coast was having a rapid increase in home values when I left. However I surely don't see it 50 miles West of Tuscon AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks