• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

An Idea - Feedback requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
This is for the appraisers that have a listing at AppraiserUSA.com. I am looking for discussion and feedback.

As most of you know we have a field called "comp checks" that, when checked, inserts the below message in to your listing:

Special Notice: Free comp checks (value checks) are not provided. There is a fee for all professional services rendered.

Also it puts the following message right above the space where they write their message:

(Note: We do not provide free comp checks (value checks), please do not ask.)

Here is what I was thinking about changing:

Instead of the 2nd notice above (Note: We do not provide....), insert this language right where they write their message:

"This appraiser has stated they do not provide free comp checks. If you request a comp check (value check) from this appraiser you will be blocked from using this service"

Then those appraisers who had requested no comp checks could forward any such requests to me and I could easily block the requesters from using the site. I am thinking it would cut down on comp check requests dramatically for those who do not want to receive them.

Feedback?

JonGalt

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Sounds like a great idea to me. I have the "Special Notice: Free comp checks (value checks) are not provided. There is a fee for all professional services rendered." checked and yet approximately 90% of the e-mails I receive through appraiserUSA are comp requests.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thanks Jon,

I just want to stop the comp check requests from coming in for those who do not want them. I thought the "no comp check" notice would do it, but apparently it has not. I am aware that certain people ignore the "no comp check" statements and I see no reason to allow them to continue to use our site since they ignore such requests, especially if we put them on notice.

I do not want to stop legitimate users from contacting appraisers. The feedback I have got over the years (and still get) is that AppraiserUSA.com works and many say it is a major portion of their new business.

But I doubt if the "comp checkers" contribute much, if any to the business.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
They just see the first 3 words "free comp checks" and move on to sending the message without reading the "(value checks) are not provided." part. Maybe a re-wording, with the word NO at the front? Otherwise, good idea.

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I like it - and Smokey's suggestion to re-word the first warning!

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
BORROW Smokey's avatar idea ...... in red encircled NO COMP CK symbol for those who wish it.

talltx1

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Good idea, ditto to Smokey's avatar.........although with my business as slow as it is now, a comp check request every now and then might prime the pump for the real thing!!

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
They do not bother me. Delete is easy to push.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
They do not bother me. Delete is easy to push.
Thanks Wendy. That was my original thinking and others also. However I get complaints from appraisers about getting comp check requests and I was just trying to do some brain storming about how to assist them.

It is a fine line. Blocking someone who sends a comp check request today and you could block someone who might actually send an order in the future. There is no way of knowing for sure.

It surely requires more discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks