• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANB Directors being Sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Courtney

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Texas
I think it is GREAT! The directors of a lending institution acting reckless with other people's money should be sued! Who knows, maybe other bank directors will behave more responsibly in the future it they know there could be some repercussions. If we could only extent that liability to the holders of public office!

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
I would venture that like most banks or for that matter large companies, about 1/3rd the board and the CEO actually control business. The rest rubberstamp the results or don't get elected back to the board. I know a small bank whose biggest individual stockholder is not on the board. He inherited his interest and the board simply don't like him although they liked his dad who was on the board for decades. Boards can be very petty.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
The employees owned a big chunk of the shares....30% maybe. Lost it all. No one learned anything from Enron where employees who had the option of putting their 401k money into almost any other stock, chose to stick with their employer's stock.

That's stupid. I saw some farmers do much the same thing. They were paid tens of thousands of dollars by some over the counter oil company so they went out with the money and bought stock in the company at $3 a share. It went to 12¢....and they drilled dry holes...which is why they went to 12¢. Farmer lost twice. Had they taken that money and bought a mixed bag of Exxon - Devon - Halliburton etc....they would have doubled their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks