• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Another alamode xsite question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tater Salad

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
We signed up for xsite because promotional information that we received said that orders placed would automatically populate Wintotal, saving us the trouble of retyping. While fiddling around with a test order, I got a message saying that if you have Mercury, you can download the info straight into a report. Otherwise, you can look at the order online.

Does anybody know if you have to have the Mercury plug-in to utilize this function? If this is the case, where is the mice-type that stated this prior to signing up? This is the one feature that made us choose xsite over other alternatives, and I don't currently have a need for the Mercury plug-in. At least I don't think that I do.

Love the software, but feeling a little mislead at the moment.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Actually, I have had a some kind of web site for over 6 years. I don't ever recall receiving an order through my web site. I have always had that option. I consider it the same as EDI, don't wait until it is too late to be ready when you have to have it. I have Mercury, but I don't receive orders through the Mercury Network. I really don't know if you have to have mercury to download to Wintotal, but I would rather it not download anyway. I prefer to decide whether I want the assignment or not before I put it in my system. Many out of state mortgage companies don't realize how big Texas is. I get orders over 100 miles away weekly. It is not worth my time, the customer's money or competency issues to travel that far for an assignment. When you do find out about this issue, please post your results.

I am not knocking any of the other web sites offered here in this forum, but the x-site is pretty easy to set up, you can have as many pages as you desire and it is pretty modern looking. You can edit it daily, if you want and you don't have to have a knowledge of any software programs to make it work (front page, etc.). My old web site was tired looking, looked very out of date and was a hassle to edt. I like my new web site, but I am sure in a year or so I will change my mind.

Tater Salad

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Thanks, Tim--I thought I would see if anybody here knew before trying tech support tomorrow. Just call me lazy. I'll let you know what they say!

mpkrodel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
Order information from an XSite can indeed be imported into WinTOTAL without Mercury Desktop.

The key is to have the message with the .ORD attachment sent to your WinTOTAL EDI Center Inbox. When you run the attachment from there, our EDI Center will know to send it in to our Requester where you can clone, etc. Just update the Mercury Network profile tied to your XSite and add your "Proj2000" account (or whatever account you use with WinTOTAL EDI) to your e-mail address in there - separated by a semi-colon. (If I've lost you there, our tech department can help you out.)

Mercury Desktop makes the XSite ordering a lot more convenient. Mercury Desktop is actually associated with ORD files in Windows, so when you run the .ORD attachment you get in Outlook or even through a web interface, Mercury Desktop launches and displays the whole order right there and gives you the opportunity to export it to WinTOTAL.

Mercury desktop also gives you access to additional types of status messages not available through the web interface and generally allows you to manage all your online orders (either through XSite, Mercury Network or a Mercury Network partner) without using a web interface. The Mercury Desktop and XSite plugin even mimic WinTOTAL's EDI process so you don't have to learn anything new to send a report back to your XSite and have the status marked as complete all in one step. (We even run the E&O review at the time you send.)

So, in addition to giving you extra features for your online ordering, Mercury Desktop enables you to do more things with fewer steps and virtually nothing new to learn. I hope this helps you out.

Matt Krodel
Product Manager, Mercury Desktop
a la mode, inc.

Tater Salad

Professional Status
State
Missouri
Gee, Matt I just got in the office to make the call to tech support and saw your reply. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

I may still consider Mercury at a later date, but for now I'm glad there's a workaround.

XSite really is pretty cool. Thanks again for the quick response :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks