• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Another Appraisal Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
At a time when appraisers across the country are hurting, yet another appraisal organization is starting up. In my opinion, we already have enough such organizations. I don't belong to any of them.

http://appraiserassn.com/index.php

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Looks like a gimmick for an Appraiser Listing service.

CraigButterfield

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
At a time when appraisers across the country are hurting, yet another appraisal organization is starting up. In my opinion, we already have enough such organizations. I don't belong to any of them.

http://appraiserassn.com/index.php

Hi Don,

I don't belong to any of them either. If that bill passes with the section 203K being approved by the senate, then the appraisers who buy the initials from namely the Apprisal Institute will rule supreme, and folks like you and I will but once again be second tier licensess. I don't know about you, but I've been doing this for 23 years. I urge you to look at the STOP 203K in HR3837 petition (which is now HR 3915) to oust the AI efforts to elevate their letters above duly licensed, qualified and experienced persons. Who wants to take a course from you, when they can get hours toward their designations? You , I and thousands of others in being placed in a very precarious position by the AI lobbyists.

Thanks

Craig

Lost Cause

Professional Status
State
New York
There's not a shred of information on who's behind this.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Probably not a non-profit. Probably deduct your expenses as advertising, not as trade fees. Probably owned by a company or person not an independent cooperative effort. Just guessing. Not a lot of info.

Unneeded.

Edward OConor

Professional Status
State
New York
I found it interesting that they tell you how to pay but not how much.

Zmcraney

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Mississippi
The fact that no organization, that i am aware of, has strength in numbers is frustating to me as a young appraiser. The lack of lobbying power on a state and national level compared to NAR is somewhat discouraging.

Annelle

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I looked it up on Whois, and it is done by someone in Rancho Bernardo, California. It looks like a listing service for $99/yr. (Doesn't look any different than anyother listing service.) Opps, I thought when I looked at it a hour ago, and it was $90/yr. The membership allows you to be listed on 3 URL's that all go to the same list. What if you don't specialize in land for instance? Just another scheme.

The woman looks familar, I used to live in Rancho Bernardo. Humm, There is a Patricia B. Clark, upgraded to a AR last may, in unit B484. Wow, the number of appraisers in RB is now 32! I think there were only a couple of us a year or two ago. Everybody else doesn't look familar. They could be out of work LO's for all we know.

bschmidt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Don, I got the same e-mail this morning as well, seems like I get one every week for a new listing service. Anyone get the email from fiveappraisers.com this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks