• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Another bad one in my hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Received a fax of a 2055 that was completed this past July by a trainee that is now certified and out of a real 'make whatever you want' appraiser sweat shop. This one I'll do freebie as it was not sent as a potential review assignment, just to show me what was recently done. The certified supervisory appraiser was not on their approved list and this is my really honest best client. I won't get into any value issue right now as I don't know where it's going to end up. I declined to do a new appraisal on this after I explained the neighborhood to the processor and what the comps used in that older report really were. I will say that the rare legitimate sales in this area are between $50 - $65 and this appraisal came in at $77,500. Most activity here are repos and flips, over and over again on some of them.

Dates of sale across the line was N/A. Could have been an error that they forgot to go back and fix. All were newer sales. Only 1 of these comps showed the previous sale. All comps are investor flips with a history of flips. Some GLAs were adjusted and one was not. Subject has 1 bath and comps with 2 baths were adjusted by -500. Wells Fargo Financial (B-C branch) did a nice big 2nd using this appraisal.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Just a suggesstion: As they didn't directly ask you to do a review, I would be very carful, dotting i's and crossing t's. You might really stir up a hornet's nest here.

Other than that, have fun!

Have a good weekend. Roger

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Pam, I have been known to do the same on a volunteer basis. Just helping with a little house cleaning. 8) As for the hornets nest, I think you can hold your own. :twisted: Disagreement of opinons, no problem.... as long as the data is factual and the report is supported. But fradulent, I'd be all over it like white on rice. :p I have turned 'em in before and will again. :wink:

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
I think many appraisers are gonna be surprised to learn that MANY Mortgage Co's are turning BAD Appraisals into the State Boards. YES that's bad APPRAISALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks