• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

another skippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Micozzi

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
Professional, established South Tampa firm seeks several trainees as Fee Appraisers for the Tampa area. This includes the surrounding counties and parts of Central Florida based on experience and ability. Must have experience, maturity and MUST have clients. Fee split is 60/40 in your favor. Training, support and weekly pay provided. Appraisals will be quickly reviewed to ensure honesty, accuracy and compliance. Trainees must reside in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee or Polk county per USPAP regulations. If you have regular clients and weekly business, then contact XXXX at 813.zzz-XXXX any time, any day of the week. Best of luck. The sooner you call, the sooner you might be making more money.

this was found on the Appraisal institutes job board. soliciting trainees for work. :Eyecrazy:

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
How many trainee's per supervisor does Florida permit?

If you require the trainee to bring their own clients, you are not interested in training someone. You are only interested in getting 40% (in this case) of the pie.

Where's that flushing toilet sound when you need one.

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Professional, established South Tampa firm seeks several trainees as Fee Appraisers for the Tampa area. This includes the surrounding counties and parts of Central Florida based on experience and ability. Must have experience, maturity and MUST have clients. Fee split is 60/40 in your favor. Training, support and weekly pay provided. Appraisals will be quickly reviewed to ensure honesty, accuracy and compliance. Trainees must reside in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee or Polk county per USPAP regulations. If you have regular clients and weekly business, then contact XXXX at 813.zzz-XXXX any time, any day of the week. Best of luck. The sooner you call, the sooner you might be making more money.

this was found on the Appraisal institutes job board. soliciting trainees for work.

Everything is a USPAP regulation. :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

o) "Supervisory appraiser" means a licensed appraiser, a certified residential appraiser, or a certified general appraiser responsible for the direct supervision of one or more registered trainee appraisers and fully responsible for appraisals and appraisal reports prepared by those registered trainee appraisers. The board, by rule, shall determine the responsibilities of a supervisory appraiser, the geographic proximity required, the minimum qualifications and standards required of a licensed or certified appraiser before she or he may act in the capacity of a supervisory appraiser, and the maximum number of registered trainee appraisers to be supervised by an individual supervisory appraiser.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0475/ch0475.htm

Last edited:

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Oh boy.

I dunno, guys. If they are trying to "steal" other appraisers' trainees in order to get the 40%, that is one thing. Maybe they will train/untrain them properly.

If I were a good appraiser wannabe, and I was only getting 25%, and I felt like I wasn't being trained properly, I might be tempted to check them out, especially if I had a few realtionships I had cultivated.

Problem for the trainee is this: If I am wrong, and it is a skippy mill, the trainee would be in a world of hurt, and looking for possibly a 3rd supervisor.

Tudor

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Why do trainees even have clients, who are these clients they have?

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois

this was found on the Appraisal institutes job board. soliciting trainees for work. :Eyecrazy:

#1: I am strongly opposed to a trainee having his or her own clients.
Unless such is not allowed via regulatory dictate, I am uncertain what other actions are available to prevent such an arrangement.

Now:

#2: That said, why is there the assumption that the person placing the advertisement will act in anything other than a professional manner?

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
From Florida Statutes:

475.611 Definitions.--

(n) "Registered trainee appraiser" means a person who is registered with the department as qualified to perform appraisal services only under the direct supervision of a licensed or certified appraiser. A registered trainee appraiser may accept appraisal assignments only from her or his primary or secondary supervisory appraiser.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
From Florida Statutes:

475.611 Definitions.--

(n) "Registered trainee appraiser" means a person who is registered with the department as qualified to perform appraisal services only under the direct supervision of a licensed or certified appraiser. A registered trainee appraiser may accept appraisal assignments only from her or his primary or secondary supervisory appraiser.

Not to be a wise @$$ but since Fl has been made aware of this. What can FL do about it?? Note it says the Trainee must have clients.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
From Florida Statutes:

475.611 Definitions.--

Well, here's the answer to my question #2 (post #6).

Someone needs to alert both the AI and the appraiser whose advertisement we are discussing regarding this matter.

Professional Status
State
Connecticut
I guess at all trainees outside of Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Manatee or Polk county are in violation of USPAP regulations...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks