• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Answering a question for a journalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.carless

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Hi everyone. I made a brief appearance on this forum almost two years ago when I wrote an article about appraisal fraud (http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/articles/2005/12/30/housing/import-1113.txt)

I'm a reporter with voiceofsandiego.org. These days I no longer write about real estate, but I was hoping to get a few expert opinions from appraisers on what I think is a basic question about commercial appraisals.

Feel free to respond here or to e-mail me at [email protected]

Here's my question:

Generally speaking, in San Diego, is it cut-and-dry that if a piece of land is zoned as commercial, it is likely to be more valuable that if it is zoned as industrial or light industrial?

More specifically, in South-Eastern San Diego, would changing the zoning of a piece of land from light industrial to commercial be likely to increase the value of that land?

Or does the value of the land just depend on far too many variables to make such sweeping statements.

I have a certain piece of land in mind, so if any commercial appraisers out there want to see what I am talking about, feel free to contact me.

Many thanks

Will Carless

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I appraise commercial properties in SD. Send me a PM and we can discuss this more specifically.

will.carless

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Can't seem to turn on PM

Hi George, I would love to send you a PM, but I can't figure out how to turn my PMs back on (newbie!)

Want to send me an email and we'll chat? [email protected]

Many thanks

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks