• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Any Good Mh Ref Books Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Fookes

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I'm a newbie appraiser and would like to build up my library a little. My area has a goodly amount of MH and I would like to have a good reference book to look to every once and a while. Anybody have any ideas?

What did you experts use to become experts?

Josh

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
M&S has some good stuff in its valuation manuals. The Blue Book is good for basic mobiles without land. Otherwise, it's just been years and years of doing these things and observing how the market reacts to them.

Roger

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Frankly, this forum is the best resource out there (and that is not because I participate in it!). About every type of question has come up at some time or other, and there have been a lot of excellent advice and information from everybody. There are too many problems that pop up in the real world to appear in one textbook. Check out my article by clicking on my signature to this message. At the end of that article is a list of resources. Also here on this forum under Appraisal Links is a section for manufactured housing--check those links. And just keep reading and posting to this forum, somebody somewhere will have a resource or experience or information that they will share.

First thing to embed permanently in your mind--the term mobile home refers to homes constructed prior to June 15, 1976 only! If constructed to HUD code after that date it is a MANUFACTURED HOME!!! If constructed to building code other than HUD, it is a modular or pre-cut or panelized or kit or industrialized or prefabricated, etc, etc, etc.

Tom McDowell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
North Carolina
Get in touch with the Lincoln Graduate Center, there are on the internet. They have a great course on mobile home valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks