• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Any one want to work for $5 to $9 a report or Less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
<mod edit>

Copyright violation. It is not allowed to copy other web sites and paste them here in our forum. That is illegal as web sites are copyrighted. Instead leave a LINK to the website and your comments. The copyrighted material has been removed.

</mod edit>

The web link is www.afswebcom

sorry about that, it came to me as an emial that was not copyrighted I just pasted it from the email.

Last edited:

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
I had a similar company contact me a year or two ago about the same kind of work. It was 100% insurance related. Go to house, roughly measure house from exterior, note if they had dogs, tramboline, pool, large tree near house, etc. I believe they paid a little more but I was interested at those rates. It could be lucrative if you worked in large city. Semed that most of their workers had other jobs, were husband/wife teams or retired.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
Retiree and semi-retirees make up a huge pool of low paid part time jobs such as meter readers, poll takers, census workers (one of my ex-subs retired and now works for the Agri census, a part time job that actually pays pretty well), bus drivers, Limo services, etc.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Last time an ins company checked my home (after purchase), it was drive-up, stop in middle of street, take one photo, spend 5 minutes filling out a form, and drive on.

Do 6 an hour at $5 apiece, that's $30 per hour. Even considering gas costs, that's a lot better than flipping burgers or working at a big box home improvement store.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Just my luck ... they dont have a territory in my area ... darn it.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I have had a couple of calls for these insurance related inspections. One page questionare looking for handrails, general condition and front/rear photos. None paid less than $50. It costs $5 to start the suburban.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
About ten years ago I took photos for the MLS, paid about 3.50 a shot. There were a lot of retirees and husband wife teams doing it. I guess they are all out of biz now with digital cameras.

TC

Chrispy

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
lenders are using these services

Yes, lenders are using these services to check if property occupied, general condition, if for sale and to post/drop contact letters.
I did this for a short time to supplement income. It is mostly just drive by, 1-3 pics, short forms and submit. Unless you have large quantities on small areas, the fee is not worth the time with gas expense, etc.

George Ellerman

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Clippity clop, click
Clippity clop ,click
Clippity clop,click

-Amish Insurance Appraiser-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks