• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Any Other Broker/realtors On Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
i have 2 listings and they are just ROTTING!!! they couldnt have anymore exposure if i tried but im not even getting showings. i know its august... but this seems overly dead. in march i had 36 appraisals in process and today i have 6.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
i have 2 listings and they are just ROTTING!!! they couldnt have anymore exposure if i tried but im not even getting showings. i know its august... but this seems overly dead. in march i had 36 appraisals in process and today i have 6.

Asking price improvements warranted? :)

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Asking price improvements warranted? :)

i would agree but the exact same homes from a 1 mile radius are still on the market so no one is moving. DOM for 1 mile homes is 46 and counting and im at 21 and 90 on my 2 props. the 90 DOM prop is a s hole and the owners refuse to help. this isnt the spring market darnit.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
i would agree but the exact same homes from a 1 mile radius are still on the market so no one is moving. DOM for 1 mile homes is 46 and counting and im at 21 and 90 on my 2 props. the 90 DOM prop is a s hole and the owners refuse to help. this isnt the spring market darnit.
August is traditionally a dead time in the DC area as everyone is on vacation....if the properties are priced correctly, you should get more action once school starts back and everyone is back in town and working.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Last august was my biggest month ever. I only have two open orders right now. 10 for the month. August is normally slow because everybody goes on vacation and have to get their kids back in school. Last year July / August got real crazy because rates hit lowest levels since 2013. 2013 was all time lows.

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

Find your biggest area employers and ask if you can buy advertising in their employee/base newsletter, put your listings in there.

Target market when the market is slow, or distracted.

Reactions: DTB

Gregory Beck

Professional Status
State
Florida
Guess your having a bad month don't feel bad I am slow too, worst Aug ever

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Adequate exposure, no showings or offers?

Stop looking for dust in the wind.

Price

Price

Price

same house next door with ZERO updates sold in june for 459k. reduced my home to 459k (fully updated) and the 2nd person to walk though put it under contract yesterday. they got a good deal imho.

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I've been seeing a slow down happening most of this year. First it started with higher end homes and now the slow down is catching on with lower priced housing. My MC results are starting to show flat pricing at best since the spring jump in prices. Mid priced homes and lower are still selling, but at flat pricing levels since spring. Higher end prices are dropping. The agents I talk with say buyers can only qualify for so much loan and the ceiling seems to have arrived for most potential buyers. What will happen if/when rates rise in order for these same buyers to qualify (price drops). Most haven't agreed to my slow down posts from a couple months back, but that is what I am seeing out there. The agents also say the buyers don't have the trade up equity of pre-crash days unless they were extremely lucky on timing, this too is limiting how high the price ceiling can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks