• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anybody ever experience this in a foreclosure/REO?

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn Sammy

No, I've never come across anything like that, but have seen blood spots on the floor - seemed to be from where someone may have busted through a door window to possibly break in

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Wow, no. Be careful out there.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I’ve had many strange REO assignments, I’m practically immune to the weird ones by now, but the most frightening one of all was a townhouse that had been vacant for several months. Odd paint schemes on the walls, bizarre posters, the usual REO property , but there was an eerie sound coming from behind one of the walls. It made my hair stand on end, it was a human voice and clearly in pain and I called the cops. They must have been having a slow day because 3 cars arrived quickly and they Johnny Ramboed the place next door quickly. I waited in the REO unit like a good boy and several minutes later the head cop came in and explained what they found. He said “What you heard was not a human being tortured or in distress, it was a bootleg copy of Neil Young performing in the Sam Houston Coliseum in 1973.” He said the boys living in that unit adjacent to the unit I was appraising were curious about why I called. Tried to blame me for something. I suspect it wasn’t the music, they were probably smoking marijuana cigarettes while listening to that music and I spoiled their party.

Rocky777

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Last year I went into a really bad REO. Someone had put a thin sheet of plywood over a hole in the floor covered in dust. I stepped on it and fell, luckily I caught myself by my arms and pulled myself up. At first I thought it was just junk but it was apparent that the trap was deliberate.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks