• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anybody north of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
Hope if there is anyone here located on the Oregon or Washington coast that everything is Ok with you. We are getting pretty well beat up by 100mph winds. Had been pretty mild as far as storms go until about 9 am this morning when everything cut loose. Heard that one gust went to 129. Going to be this way for the next several hours. Hold on to your hats. Hope everyone is OK.

Beth Stevens

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Hey Tom!! I'm actually here in Portland for an AI course, but live in Coastal Washington. Class is out for the day, so I'm checking the good ol' laptop in my motel room for news and information, so I can call my family and update them. They have been without power for almost 24 hours, and sounds like it might be 2-4 more DAYS without it. All the kids are out of school, so my husband has been home with them all day and may be there for several more. Virtually all roads that lead anywhere have trees down, so everyone has no choice but to stay put. I almost feel guilty sitting here with lights and heat and headed out to dinner in awhile. :) How are you faring?

Tom Barclay

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Oregon
Beth,
Not really as bad here as it could be, lots of trees down, roads closed, schools were closed today. I think the worst is over, or it soon will be. They are forecasting the peak winds at about 6pm tonight and dying down shortly after. Winds are still a pretty steady 35-45 and gusts over 80, been that way since Saturday night. I think that the highest gust we had here was 100. Kind of amazed that I never lost power, we have scattered outages all over. Now will have to endure the flooding, the wind waves are supposed to stack up to 45' with high tide tomorrow. I went down to the beach this afternoon, waves were in the 20' range at low tide. Should be an impressive show come high tide tomorrow, waves as big as a 4.5 story building. It has been raining hard for the past two days as much as 1/2" per hour, just incredible. I've been through hurricane force winds before, but it never lasted for two full days. Quite the storm.
Sorry to hear about the home situation, hope the damage isn't too bad, and that things get back to normal soon. At least your husband is there with the kids. And you sitting in some hotel with room service. Best of luck to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks