• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone doing Landsafe work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Yurenka

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Just curious if anyone working for Landsafe has seen anything on the advertised orders page recently. When they switched to AP I was able to grab a few here and there but have not seen anything in the last two weeks. I'm still tier 1 and have been for three years. Is it just that slow for everyone lately?

Mark Leith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Spoke with a representative at Landsafe last week.....He said that there is just no work out there and that he had never seen it that slow. He also added that it may be a long time before there is any major work in Michigan.

Timothy Rock

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I got the same response from the rep in Florida. I do not like the AP setup for advertised orders, etc. Appraiserlink worked just fine.

Todd Yurenka

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
That's scary Mark. I put too many eggs in the Landsafe basket over the years and it's tough to get new work these days. I'm also not sure why they switched to AP. I don't really see any advantages besides the formatting they prefer.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I'm also not sure why they switched to AP. I don't really see any advantages besides the formatting they prefer.

I think LandSafe gets a kickback from FNC for letting them steal our data. And we get charged $7.00 a report just to add insult to injury!

Mark Leith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Tim...

IMOHO The AP format makes it easier for them to datamine our reports. Not sure though...there are some real experts on that subject on AF that can explain much better than I.

Kali the Boston Terrier

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Its the first shot over the bow in regards to HVCC or some modification thereof. Independent middle man.

In regards to putting all your eggs in one basket...that is plain foolishness. First rule of this business is never let the loss of one client kill you. Although one may hurt if they go, it will never be enough to put you and your family in the poor house. Always diversify. Plus if you did not see Countrywide's not so graceful exit from the stage...I'm not sure how this should suprise anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks