• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone use a 2055 for a "Multi-Family" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrotta

Don't do much "2055" work, so I'm wondering if anyone has used that form on Multi-Family's :?:

What do you do about "Listing Data" or do you leave it out :?:

What do you do for the OIS data :?:

An out of State Lender called, and I just told them we haven't used that Form much at all, most of our work requires the normal forms. Past jobs I've done on the 2055 - had to be converted over to regular formats and we lost money on those (2-jobs for the price of one). Haven't used a 2055 in over 3 years.

Curious

8)

Frederick R. Ruffell

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
jtrotta,
This form cannot be used for multi family, I believe it is in the FNMA guidelines somewhere. I know this because I just did my CE courses and one of the modules covered the Desktop underwriting forms, quantative and qualatative, new and old.

Larry Lyke

jtrot --

The best reason for not using the 2055 for a 1025 job is it would be a lot more work than just using the 1025 from the beginning.

The 1025 as you already know, leads you through the process and is about 99% helpful in getting you to the value conclusion.

I try to get the client to tell me why they think they want a 2055 for a multi. If it's cost -- which it usually is -- I absolutely assure them that a 2055 will cost them a lot more than a 1025 by the time I make the 2055 USPooP compliant and add all those appropriate, intricate addenda at their expense.

jtrotta

Frederick & Larry

thanks for the input, but I would think that the Originators should know something, don't U :?:

it would seem to me that if your going to re-invent the wheel, everybody needs to know your using rubber and not wood anymore, don't ya think :?:

it seems that all they here when someone talks is; "this forms less expensive" ; and I still have a problem with, why everybody is so concerned with our income, heck they don't pay for it - so why does it bother them so :?:

8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks