• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone Used A Good Mortgage Lender (buying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Well guys...I plan on selling my house and buying a different house...close by, scaling down a bit. Even though I do appraisals all the time, lol, I have no idea who is actually good to get a loan from. Like everyone else I want a good rate but even more important I don't want to be jerked around with last minute switches and crisis to close...I my credit is good, debt/income avg, would prefer to put small % down. If anyone had a good personal experience buying or refinancing, please pass it on thanks (or if anyone had a horrible experience a company to avoid!)

miktay

Professional Status
State
Texas
Im in the same boat. Looking to buy some more real estate and don't know the best company to borrow from (I only know who not to appraise for)

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
From my experience, avoid BOA, Wells, etc. they don't want to originate loans. Don't know if you have a Suncoast CU near you but they are easy to deal with. I would use a community bank, credit union or 5/3 Bank. 5/3 does a lot or loan origination around here.

D

Deleted member 134708

Do it thru an individual broker. I know a guy out in the Bay Area who does the loans for Edelman Financial (Ric Edelman) He does no cost loans. Just appraisal fee. He gets a kick back from the bank he sells loan to is how he gets paid. I can PM you his info, I know he does CA and don't see why he can't do FL. I'll text him right now. If interested in talking to him PM me.

Whoever use, be sure it is no cost or appraisal only. There are way, way too many options out there to pay any origination costs.

Edit: He doesn't serve FL, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I agree with Nottrav. Brokers and local LO's are the best.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks, i want to stay local, have one name that Howard was kind enough to provide.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
We had one that was also an RE agent when we got our place. So he filled 2 roles and no doubt double dipped.
But, it worked out good for us. Of course 2 or 3 years later when rates were lower and we wanted to refi,
they totally dropped the ball and we moved on. Go figure. :shrug:

Go local for sure. Good luck, J. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks