• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Ao's 25,26,27 & 3r

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Gish

Sophomore Member
Here's 1 .pdf file with the latest AO's thanks to Lee Ann for faxing them to me. I hope everyone can get them. It's a LARGE 4 meg file but is very readable if you can get it. It works on 3 machines so the file itself is fine. If you don't have highspeed internet, you may be out of luck.

Right click the link and click "Save Target AS"

New AO's Here

If these work like I think they will, please move them to the public forum... someplace nice. :D

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Thank you Steve!

They are a little small in the print, but with glasses, I can read them. Your link works great!

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Thanks! Steve...

Now maybe some of you all can read em and comment ...

or not :rolleyes: :lol:

Steve Gish

Sophomore Member
Do you know about the zoom function in your Acrobat Reader? It's the magnifying glass icon. Try it, I think it'll help.

Pine Tree

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maine
Thanks Steve!

I have printed them, and when I've finished the little screamer I'm working on, I will give it a good read.. Nice to have the opportunity to see them. Peace, Wendy

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Steve or Lee Ann-- did you get these from the Foundation's website? I can't seem to find them there. I used to subscribe to their Subscription Service for $150 per year but they kept messing up my subscription. I then realized that most of what I received was available on their website anyway.

I thought I read somewhere online that those AO's were just recently adopted in their final version for inclusion into USPAP 2004 but can't find that info anywhere either. I'm editing a newsletter that I'll be sending to atty's and wanted to have current info as to whether these will actually be in the 2004 edition. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Pat:

Those were distributed to about 200+ attendee's at Ann O'Rourke's conference in SF CA about two months ago(?).

I and others asked if they were the final version and actually adopted, and we were told YES.

I have since made inquiry as to WHY if they were 'offiicial' they were not on the website.

No response.

so I cannot answer your question.

I faxed them to Steve as I had no way to scan and post from my folks home...

Having opened a discussion on the things, I found no one else had 'em! WE WERE told at the conference that they were effective immeidately (having been adopted) However they would not be printed until the new set of books come oout for 2004: at which point they and all other AO's woudl be in a seperate book rather than the USPAP binding.

I can fax you a clean copy if you would like.

Austin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
I am starting a new AO that will be AO 28. About 6 months ago I did an appraisal for an elderly lady for the purpose of determining an offering price for her property. Recently it was sold at public auction and the purchaser went to the bank for a loan with a copy of my appraisal done for the seller. The bank called me and wanted me to re-type the appraisal with their name on it. I explained that I could not do that and the reasons why. The bank never even gave me the borrowers name. The LO said, :eek:k, do what you have to do, so I did another appraisal for a different client with a different purpose and intended use and different scope. That was two months ago and I had not received a check so I sent another bill this week. Friday I received an e-mail from the LO saying that the borrower thought I charged to much for the appraisal and would not pay until I explained to her why I charged that much, that much being $200. I e-mailed back and told the LO that I have never heard of this woman, that his bank was my client and not her, and I could not explain banking regulations to his borrower.
The point of this is this: This update situation is a no win situation. These idiots will never get this through their heads. To them an appraisal is piece of paper with a price on it and they cannot see any reason why the name cannot be changed, so I am throwing in the towel.
AO28-No! I cannot readdress the report and no I will not do another one for you on the same property. That should solve that problem once and for all. There is enough business out there that I can live without appraising the same property twice in my life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks