• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Apex IV 2.91 integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Close

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Can any techies out there please assist me in integrating Apex 2.91 in to Click Forms 5.1.0? I managed to do this 18 months ago on the office computer but am struggling on another system that I have recently installed this software on. Everything runs great but I just can't finish the integration. I have tried following the instructions from the Bradford website (pasting command line for the ApexX.ocx file in to the Run line). Although this said that it was successful the integration is still no good. No success from contacting either Click Forms or Apex, they just want me to buy new software. I know there used to be an easy way to do this but can't figure it out. Thanks, Andy.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
With 3.2 there is an integration tool I used to run to make integration work. Have you tried that? You do have Apex selected in the preferences as the sketch program don't you?

It is the kind of problem you risk using outdated software. Version 4.1 of Apex integrates just fine with no tinkering required.

Andrew Close

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I think the integration tool for 3.2 does the same as the command line that I pasted in to the run area, just adds the ApexX.ocx file. However, I can't find the 3.2 utility anywhere now to try it. (I have tried with Apex selected and also with WinSketch selected as it is at the office where it works perfectly!??) The mystery is it works great on the other system with the exact same programs??

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Andrew,

Who did you speak with at Apex? I'll try to find out what the issue is from this end, but it would help if I had a person's name here to start with... :)

BTW, is the second copy of Apex registered/licensed? I seem to recall that the integration does not function unless the program is properly licensed. So, you might try running the program "stand-alone" - that is, just find the EXE file that launches it (typically "Apex.exe" or similar) and run it. if it comes up in "Demo" mode, then it is not properly licensed. if it runs just fine, then it is licensed properly and the problem is elsewhere.

Let me know about the above and I'll see what I can find out on my end.

Andrew Close

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Apex integration

Hi Randall, thanks for your concern. I spoke to Jeremy at Apex but he transferred me to someone whose name I never recorded as all he wanted to do was sell me a $179 upgrade. The second copy of Apex was directly transferred from my office computer and is not a demo. It is licensed and has a multi user designation and I did re-register it successfully on the home system. Incidentally, the program runs fine in stand alone mode, I just can't integrate it. It opens from Click forms if I add it to the User Specified Tools list but obviously this still doesn't integrate it. Finally, I tried the 3.2 utility but as I'm sure you're aware, this was unsuccesful with my version of Apex. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Andrew Close.

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Thanks, Andrew!

We don't have a Jeremy here as far as I know ;-) but I'll ask around in the Tech Support dept. to see if anyone remembers you and/or your situation. Cam you email me with your contact info so if I find a solution I can get someone to call you? If/when we find a solution, we can post it here so others will know what to do if they run into the same thing.

My direct email address is rgarrett [at] apexwin [dot] com

Thanks!

Michael Flynn

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Andrew,

If I remember correctly you have to install Apex first. If you didn't and Apex is already installed, just reinstall Clickforms over your existing installation.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks