• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Apex Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobears81

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
All

I have an ACI license and use Apex V5 for sketching. On either free form or boundary lines, I usually just use the arrows on my keyboard to navigate. The last month or so, if I go 20-feet straight to the right, it will not be a straight line right but hitting an angle. If I try to correct it, it seems like the line isn't always 100% straight. Is there a way to correct this?

Red Flint

Professional Status
General Public
State
Michigan
Check Tools, Configuration - then look at settings under Alignment and Drawing. Could 'Reset All' but that may affect something else. In Alignment, should be 'include freeform liines' checked, and also checked 'horizontal/vertical to point' and 'perpendicular to point'. Make sure 'make ortho relative' is not checked in Drawing tab.

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Wow, sounds like you know Apex pretty well.

I looked at all of the items mentioned and they were configured the way that they should be. I hit reset all and tried to start up the program again, but it didn't go. I'll restart it and hopefully, that will take care of whatever the problem was. Thanks

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Hi Gobears81,

Sorry to hear you are having problems and my apologies for just now seeing your post. I try to check the Apex forum every day but I am away from my desk for a bit and I just happened to see your post in the "General" section...

If ACI is not helping you, send me your contact info (PM is OK), and I will have either our Brian Marino or Jonathan Colon reach out to you to see if he can help. They can also setting up a mutually convenient time to log into your machine via TeamViewer so they can watch you show him what is going on and can also check your settings, and if necessary (safely) reset things and get you up and going again. Generally, they will also show you a few tips and tricks to be more efficient, if desired :) I'm sending them both an email right now to let them know to be ready...

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
+Apex Software+

/end/

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Hi Gobears81,

Sorry to hear you are having problems and my apologies for just now seeing your post. I try to check the Apex forum every day but I am away from my desk for a bit and I just happened to see your post in the "General" section...

If ACI is not helping you, send me your contact info (PM is OK), and I will have either our Brian Marino or Jonathan Colon reach out to you to see if he can help. They can also setting up a mutually convenient time to log into your machine via TeamViewer so they can watch you show him what is going on and can also check your settings, and if necessary (safely) reset things and get you up and going again. Generally, they will also show you a few tips and tricks to be more efficient, if desired :) I'm sending them both an email right now to let them know to be ready...

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-
+Apex Software+

/end/
Randall

Thanks for the post. I tried reset all and that wouldn't allow me to reopen Apex, so I figured that restarting my computer might be necessary. Haven't done that part yet and going out of town for a couple days. I will give it a try and might send you a PM if there is still an issue

Joe

Randall Garrett

Professional Status
IT Professional-Appraisal Related
State
Texas
Glad to try and help, Joe! FWIW, I am going to be away, out of the country for the next two weeks, and without reliable Internet (especially this site, for whatever reason, given my past experiences) so if there is any way you can send me your contact info (private message here?) before Friday, I can at least let Brian and/or Jonathan how to get in touch with you if they are needed. Alternately, I will be having them monitor the Apex forum while I am away, so you can always post there but unless this is some basic thing like a corrupt settings file, they will probably need to get in touch with you to set up a call. Don't worry, I've let them know that there will be no charge for the tech support call, etc. - I just want to try to get you taken care of. As an ex-appraiser myself, I am familiar with situations where you need to get something out the door and it seems like nobody is around to help, or people pass the buck, etc. I don't want you to get that vibe from us...

-Randall Garrett-
+Apex Software+

/end/

Gobears81

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I got back into town earlier than expected and gave it a try today. Whatever was reset when the "reset all" button was hit seemed to work, as the sketch came out perfect. Thanks for the input Red and Randall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks