• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Apex Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I have had Apex for a few years, and in 2001 got the upgrade with my MCS software. Today, with a full day of work ahead, and WAY behind, I went to do my floor sketch and Apex had a message....."Program Not Registered"....of course, it's Sunday and can't reach anyone for support. I rebooted my computer and got the same message. Now the "Apex" word is grayed over. Any suggestions?

Bob Stainbrook

Sophomore Member
Charlotte,
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. Technical support told me to unregister my Apex software, reboot and re-register the Apex software online. Don't know if this will fix your problem, but according to your post it can't hurt to try on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

ps. I too am working today, just had to jump on the forum before I had a brain meltdown. It feels good to have a place to VENT and of course get help.

Bob Stainbrook
W. PA

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I have been having the same problem with my computer, I say it is getting senile, it forgets what is installed on the computer. When I turn it on in the morning, it doesn't realize that there is a drive G for my compact flash reader, a drive F for my CD rom, drive E for my zip drive, loses the connection to the wireless and doesn't think Apex is registered. So I have to click on my icon for the wireless, then that works fine. Try to access one of the other drives, tells me it can't find it. And/or I try to access Apex, tells me it is not registered. So I completely shut down, wait a few minutes, turn it back on and everything is working and where it is suppose to be. My son-in-law tells me my BIOS has gotten garbled through the years, that I completely need to reformat my computer and reinstall everything. But I don't have time for that! So I just give a good hard kick to my computer every morning and then I am fine for the day.

You might try doing your sketch, even tho it says it is not registered, save the sketch, save to your appraisal software, then shut down your computer, maybe even going so far as to not only use the screen procedure to shut down, but then use the off button afterwards. Wait a few minutes, then turn everything back on. If that good swift kick doesn't do it, call Apex bright and early in the morning if you bought directly from them--if you catch them at opening time, you might even get one of the bosses on the phone and they will fix it immediately.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
My Apex is wrapped in with my MCS software. Do you think I can reinstall the MCS software over top the existing?

Jo Ann..can't even do the sketch because the word "Apex" is grayed over.

Woe is me... :(

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I had the same thing happened to me this morning, re-booted and is now working fine. It happened in the past and one of the reps gave me a license number to re-install when it does. Doesn't help you much today, but call them tomorrow for future reference.

TC

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Did you try the completely shut off, time to cool, process? Do you have your license number for installing Apex? If the cool off doesn't help, back up every thing on your computer, shut off the the computer, turn back on and then reinstall Apex (or do you have to reinstall your appraisal software to get Apex?), if you have your license number on file, you can reenter it. If not you might be able to at least do the sketch (you would have to hand calulate your area), complete your report--and then bright and early tomorrow get the real solution from tech supportf--and then just some minor adjustments to the report before sending to client.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
I think I'll try the cool down method. Restarting the computer didn't fix it, but did take out the grayed over APEX word. I completed my sketch, but it didn't calculate, like you said, and I couldn't transfer it to my sketch page in the program. When I print the sketch it has DEMO across it. So, tomorrow I think I'll try to get someone at MCS early. I really think the problem lies with my ACI demo CD, which happened to expire today, and took my Apex with it. Thank you all for your quick responses. I really value your advice!

Meanwhile, I found my old graph paper rumbled up in the bottom drawer :blink:

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
No doubt ACI did take your Apex away. They are notorious for that, I still have my Apex as a stand alone program and send the floor plan in a separate file. They were supposed to change that, guess not.

TC

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
Do you have Apex as part of another software program (or another sketch program as part of something else)? Do your sketch in that other program and then make a pdf file with only that sketch, send it with your regular file that has everything else?

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Originally posted by Jo Ann Meyer Stratton@May 4 2003, 02:33 PM
Do you have Apex as part of another software program (or another sketch program as part of something else)? Do your sketch in that other program and then make a pdf file with only that sketch, send it with your regular file that has everything else?
Apex is a part of my MCS program, and I have a shortcut on my desktop, also. That's all I have. With that method, I draw the sketch, save and exit; it pops in to my program (guess they are all similar in that respect). Now, I can get in to demo, but it won't calculate and it prints with DEMO on it. I can't save the sketch to anything, pdf, or anything else. I've been working on this for a couple hours and nothing works. I'm sure, at this time, when the demo ACI expired today, my Apex expired also. I think it's a ploy. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks