• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisail Management Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcgenova

Freshman Member
Can Anyone reccomend a listing or somewhere I might search for some AMS that I may market my services to? I understand there are several that are not very reputable and I would like to avoid those with your advice.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Marc:

Among other resources you might want to peruse the Good, Bad and Ugly forum below... Several AMCs are mentioned, along with varying degrees of happy/mad responses from folks on this forum.

For the most part SOME appraisers are unwilling to divulge their 'good' clinets AMC or otherwise to the scrounging underemployed who sometimes seek such information here (whichis a whole lot more gentle than I was told off when I posed a similar question- - you are welcome :wink: )

You do not mention your background, most AMC's require a minimum amount of training and expertise. If you are new to the game you will likely find yourself in the same postion as when trying to market your services to traditional clients.

You may STILL need to find a mentor, or at least someone who is willing to sign off on your work product. 8O

Good hunting!

marcgenova

Freshman Member
Lee Ann,

Thanks for your response and for not sharing the words that were delivered to you when you asked the similar question.

And to answer your question regaurding my background, I am a newbie who for the last couple of years has worked rrecruiting and placing experienced high producing loan officers translation I am a headhunter who got interested in becoming an appraiser from talking with many lenders. I am fortunante enough to have hooked up with someone who has been in the business for a number of years and has agreed to have me come train/work under their watchful eye.

I'll follow your advice and check out the listing you mentioned.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks