• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal 5 Years Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

normando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I know we have to disclose if we saw subject within 3 years. If 5 years, I have no obligation to tell lender. I know we have no obligation to tell owner of property but do you mention you've seen property to owner that you saw their home before. I usually don't say anything unless they remember me.

Biskt6

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Alabama
I don't say anything to them. It hasn't happened often and half the time the owner remembers me. A couple times, I have gotten to hear what they thought of my prior appraisal because they didn't know I was the one who had done it before. Many people seem to think that I have access to all the past appraisals they have had on their property regardless of who completed them.

normando

Professional Status
State
California
Last month I went to one house and I didn't remembered the house until the owner reminded me I came last year. I was embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks