• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Buzz Posted This Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Talk about a slow server.....I could drive to the house
faster than it takes to download.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Well they don't want rural appraisers. Got to be a large shop in a major city for them to do business with you. Say they will pay those people a bit extra to drive out and take pic.

Sounds like you buy a zone or state, pay big bucks and sit and wait tell they call you with orders to take pics.

Just my thinking.

VolcanoLvr

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
VISRE is the same technology Google Maps uses for 'Street View' in certain parts of the country....Las Vegas is one....where you can 'drive' the strip.

I saw one of the camera cars in Seattle last fall, and talked with the two techs.

This type of photo service does not zero in on a particular property. It just takes overall scene photos 360 degrees around a vehicle as it travels down a road at normal speed limit.

A computer 'stitches' the photos together, and gives the computer user the ability to rotate the photo(s) by using the mouse.

As is true with the 'big Z' company, the photos are only accurate as of the day/time taken.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
waiting for the other shoe to drop .....soon.

Green Crystal Ball Forecast 2010:

"GSEs revise requirements 2010 - drivebys on comps will no longer be required..... Turnaround time IS. National Lenders recognizing increased Efficiency of the field appraisal process, announce appraisal fees paid by Lender Users and AMCs will be reduced by 50%..." Credibility and Plausible Deniability not Accuracy or Reality win. Homeowners, Borrowers, and Investors celebrate their enhanced ability to "let the other guy worry about it - I got my money!!!!"

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Last edited:

Rudy Canoza

Professional Status
State
California
Satellite imagery isn't real time. It lags months to a couple of years. Same will go for these 'fast-food' services. Besides, word on the street is AVMs caused a lot of the sub prime meltdown and may not be allowed for future GSE loans. Stay tuned...

hovious

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Satellite imagery isn't real time. It lags months to a couple of years. Same will go for these 'fast-food' services. Besides, word on the street is AVMs caused a lot of the sub prime meltdown and may not be allowed for future GSE loans. Stay tuned...

You are correct Rudy! For starters, Fannie and Freddie just released a statement indicating that they will no longer allow AVM's for home equity loans/lines of credit. This is just the beginning (I hope) as the HELOC jobs are a portion of the market we as appraisers had lost out on years ago. Now, it appears, it will be coming back. Just like EVERYTHING else. What goes around comes around. I truly believe that appraisers (the honest and ethical ones) will be just fine and all of this AVM, Zaio, etc. garbage will be put out to pasture in the very near future.

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Received an REO and it has on SOW;
The client does not accept MLS or database photos for the comparables. The appraiser is required to drive by each comparable and subject property to obtain current photos.
The word that sticks out is "DATABASE".

Tudor

Professional Status
State
Arizona

I sure hope this is the case.

Here is a thought (sorry to burst any bubbles) what if the AVM's are now tainted with sales that were derived from AVM's (ie: loan for the purchase utilized an AVM) and now they need fresh "real" data to build the AVM's back up.

DaveH

Professional Status
State
Ohio
WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND......We are finally seeing that being lazy never pays off. Using AVM's or MLS Photos for comparables has finally come full circle. Once we get rid of the AMC's, which in my opinion are on the list, we can finally get back to being professional and making a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks