• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

byoross

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
New Mexico
I am working to start a new small business. The lending institution naturally wants to secure the SBA loan with a lien on personal property owned. The appraisal company came in over 100K lower than expected explaining that the improvements to the land are only worth 2K. The improvements are a 2000 sq/ft home and a 2000 sq/ft work shop for a professional knife maker. Bank says there is not enough value from the appraisal to support the banks position. How do I go about disputing the appraisal?

Rice Brewer

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Are you, perhaps, located in Cimarron?

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
What is the size of the parcel (or, parcels) of land that the improvements are set upon?

byoross

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
New Mexico
The property is 2 acres in Bosque farms, NM

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Is it possible that the property is not worth as much as you think?

byoross

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
New Mexico
I should have the appraisal by the weekend to see what properties she had compared it to. I don't know of any that really are comparable when it comes to the structures and have lived in the area for 25+ years. She told me that the property was worth $82K. per acre leaving only $2K as the difference in the balance she quoted the bank. The living structure alone should be worth at least 10K even in the worst possible condition which I'm please to say it is not. The massive shop is less than 10 years old and the metal framework and structure built to withstand incredible weight of equipment within.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
I should have the appraisal by the weekend to see what properties she had compared it to. I don't know of any that really are comparable when it comes to the structures and have lived in the area for 25+ years. She told me that the property was worth $82K. per acre leaving only $2K as the difference in the balance she quoted the bank. The living structure alone should be worth at least 10K even in the worst possible condition which I'm please to say it is not. The massive shop is less than 10 years old and the metal framework and structure built to withstand incredible weight of equipment within.

Oddly, I've driven past Bosque Farms but never stopped. Was headin' to Santa Fe. High desert...no prickly pear as I recall.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Was this a residential appraiser or a commercial appraiser? Sounds like you need someone that does commercial work.

byoross

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
New Mexico
Bosque Farms is the higher end retirement type area of the county. The local gov't of the county does not allow business to move into that part often. Its all residential with acreage and some field crops. You're not likely to find much cactus of any sort beyond decorative landscaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks