• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Fraud Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfalcon

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
I'm considering attending the Appraisal Fraud Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida Jan 18, 2008. I just wanted to know if there was anything positive or negative about attending this conference.

Thanks,

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
#1: I won't pay for anything that would put my money into the hands of who is putting this on.

#2: I would love to be there in support of Frank Gregoire and would enjoy the FBI and a couple of others that will be there.

#3: They would have to pay me to listen to anything by LSI and/or Zaio people.

Negative for me far outweighs the positive, so I will not be there.

redfalcon

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Florida
Thanks Pam for your quick response. I have not attended any conferences.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I would be there if I had the time to travel. I think it will be an excellent conference.

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm considering attending the Appraisal Fraud Conference in St. Petersburg, Florida Jan 18, 2008. I just wanted to know if there was anything positive or negative about attending this conference.

Thanks,

Over the past few weeks, there have been a few comments posted about this conference in the Florida Forum. Since you asked, here is a synopsis:

This conference was last presented in Cincinnati with a slightly different panel; geared to Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana appraisers.

Larry Disney, Executive Director of the Kentucky Board, will be making the trip to Florida. He did an excellent job at the Ohio Conference and I expect he will do the same here in St. Pete.

Jeff Bradford's presentation concerned signature and report authentication and security. It was extremely interesting and informative.

Although he did not participate in the Cincinnati Conference, I've heard Bill Brewster speak a couple of time previously. Everyone should enjoy (or appreciate) his comments.

What can I say about Frank Gregoire? All I know is I will be there all day getting 7 hours of credit. My presentation will concentrate on sales concessions. Appraiser's obligations under USPAP and Florida Law will be discussed.

Carol J. Kairis, Managing Director of the NAR Appraisal Group will be attending, as NAR is a sponsor.

Joni Herndon, Vice Chairman of the Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board is attending as a student.

Two reporters have announced their intention to attend; one from the east coast and one from the west coast. I'm not sure if they will be there all day, but you can expect they are looking for a story.

The Ohio Conference was a full house. No one fell asleep, although I did accidentally spill someones water across their lap.

I expect there will be a good turnout for the St. Pete conference. It's bound to be fun and informative. I hope to see you there. Please introduce yourself.

Last edited:

Rudy Canoza

Professional Status
State
California
#1: I won't pay for anything that would put my money into the hands of who is putting this on.

#2: I would love to be there in support of Frank Gregoire and would enjoy the FBI and a couple of others that will be there.

#3: They would have to pay me to listen to anything by LSI and/or Zaio people.

Negative for me far outweighs the positive, so I will not be there.

Ditto for me...

I think another great fraud topic would be how AMC's stiff appraisers by not paying them. That may or may not be considered fraud. I don't know. But it should be a topic on the table...

Vernon Martin

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
MBA and ACFE also offer mortgage fraud conferences. They're very good.

VM

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Thank you Frank.

Pam, you should reconsider. You are somewhat of a unofficial spokeswoman now for the Lepers of Appraisal World.

Is St Pete very far from you? I can send you some gas money. :)

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Hey, I'd LOVE to be there to take it all in. It would spin my guts to pay for being there.

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks