• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Fraud Conference - St. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francois K. Gregoire

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi All,

Time to start thinking about Appraiser Continuing Education Credit for the 2008 Renewals. Here's an upcoming opportunity.

Appraisal Fraud Conference
(7 hours continuing education in Florida)

The Appraisal Institute recognizes this course as an approved CE courses with a certificate of completion.

Friday, January 18, 2008
Price is $229 through January 1 (then price kicks to $259)
Lunch included!
8:00 am to 8:30 am - Registration
8:30 am to 5:00 pm - Course

Bayfront Hilton
333 1st Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Speakers include:

George Vann - LSI
Larry Disney - Kentucky Real Estate Appraisers Board
Brad Davis - Morgan Stanley
Bill Stern - FBI
Frank Gregoire - Past Chairman of NAR Appraisal Committee
Jeff Bradford - Bradford Technologies
Bill Brewster - Fannie Mae
Chris McLain - Veros Real Estate Solutions

http://www.allterragroup.com/course_description_stpete.php#AppConf

In past Appraisal Fraud Conferences I've had the opportunity to hear presentations by Larry Disney and Jeff Bradford. Both were informative and very much worthwhile. Bill Brewster from Fannie Mae has a ton of information. It is expected the other speakers will be of the same high caliber.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Wish I could, but I will not spend even a penny for something Joan Trice is involved in or would benefit from. There are some good people on that panel!

Billy Tsanakaliotis

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Looks interesting but I am tapped out of funds. Taking the wife on a cruise in January. Lucky me I finished my continuing Ed classes about 2 months ago. There are still a couple of classes that I might be taking at SPC or AI. I just haven’t decided yet. I am considering putting it of till the next renewal cycle so I have something to look forward to.

I wish someone would offer a manufactured home class. Anywhere in Florida would be nice.

Mike Seward

Professional Status
State
Florida
I'm going to sign up. That looks like useful information for these times.

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
Is that the same LSI that fires appraisers for not upping the value based on pulling their own comps in a ROV?

RICHARD D. FRANK

Professional Status
State
Florida
If there was no lender pressure, there would be no need for appraisers. We are finding that out as middlemen get paid to take the heat. If appraisers did their job, there would be no FRAUD. WE ARENT VICTIMS. It takes an appraiser. We get paid to take the heat. Those who cave are not appraisers, they are part of the problem. I am tired to death of hearing the whiners about lender pressure. What did you expect? And you wont fix it with more rules and laws. We have always had rules spelling it all out. I sit in these meeting and know the people around me have done the same things they are decrying and yelling "amen" about. Ya gotta love em, (and each other) it's a commandment, because the tendency is to go the other way.....

Last edited:

RICHARD D. FRANK

Professional Status
State
Florida
hey, is it a "how to" seminar??? now that might be worth attending!

Alison Swain

Professional Status
State
Florida
Sounds like a good way to start the year. I may need to trim the sales on some Christmas shopping, but we'll see what I can put together.

Professional Status
State
Florida
Wish I could, but I will not spend even a penny for something Joan Trice is involved in or would benefit from. There are some good people on that panel!

I'm not real fond of her either and I am tapped out of funds - but I would like to be there for the rest of the panel

Michael Tipton

Professional Status
State
Florida
Spotting suspected mortgage fraud isn't that difficult when researching comparable sales, however, getting someone to investigate at the local level is the issue. The FBI does not want to unless there is a significant dollar volume.
I am not a fan of George Vann's firm. I'll pass. I still have to sign up for the mandatory CE courses required by the Great State of Florida.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks